Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 13-10-2023 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Would you prefer -

A- Trippier and Gordon

or

B - Coufal and Bowen

Feels like an absolute coin toss to me. Possibly favour B as Newcastle have a harder fixture run now imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

A for me. Why would you not go Bowen & Burn/Botman? Spread the risk

Looking at Sterling -> Neto this week. Darwin or JWP on the bench depending on early Liverpool team news

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The last time Liverpool had the 12.30 KO after an international break, the players were all coming from the 'worse' timezone in terms of recovery. MacAllister couldn't run during the first half and was taken off at HT. Diaz couldn't start and came on at HT. Nunez couldn't start either and only played 35 mins. That game was away in Wolves, so a bit extra travel again there. Klopp did mention all of this at the time though.

This time, I think the Diaz / Nunez / MacAllister international games are on in the 'better' of the SA timezones. And because it's Everton away this time, there is not as much travel involved. One of Nunez/Diaz will have to start IMO, it's just a matter of who as Jota will start but it's unknown as to whether it will be LW or CF. My guess at the moment, and assuming that Robbo is injured, Diaz will start as Klopp will want width + pace on the left hand side of the pitch. Diaz would play wider, allowing Tsimikas to play his crosses from deep as we saw in the Ireland game. I think it was from a similar location he assisted from a few years back when we all had him at 4.0 So my guess at this early stage is that it will be Diaz-Jota-Salah but Nunez will come on for Diaz at some stage.

I want to get Nunez myself, instead of Diaz, but for GW10 onwards I would think more, because of the reasons above.

Liverpool are away at Man City 12.30 KO directly after the next international break too, so that is something to think about too. Why they always get the away 12.30 KO after the international break is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭COH

Interesting - I have a Diaz or Gordon bench conundrum and I think I'll bench Diaz now based on the above. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I regret owning Diaz now because of all the international breaks. You kinda have to bench him after one.

• Advertisement

Can’t even find the screenshot relating to the question I asked.

Never known a time when I can go in so many directions.

Think Newcastle have a difficult run coming up so might sell Trippier to allow me to sell Diaz for Salah.

I like your Neto move. Great fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Those South American fixtures are a nightmare. Argentina play at 3am on Wednesday morning. Match finishes around 5am. I presume the lads shower and head straight to the airport. Asleep in the private jet at what, 7 or 8 in the morning? You have to sleep for a few hours at that stage. That will mean jet lag for a few days until their bodies are back on UK time.

No wonder MacAllister was so bad for Liverpool the first match after the last international break!

How does everyone else feel re options at this moment ?

It seems to me there are more than I can remember for a long time.

History has taught me that less is more at times like this so I’m going to try and carry my FT even though I could easily take a -8 or -12 to get to a team I’d want for the next several gameweeks.

Although a lot of players I’m looking at are close to price rises so I may miss out. I have a -8 option that will be scuppered if prices change.

Can’t believe how much the 3 international breaks are ruining the flow, and enjoyment, of the game.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

So many options, I've a rough plan out to GW18 but I'm looking at it I'm ignoring Brighton, Spurs and United who all have a great run of fixtures during that time. Hard to have everyone. It makes it a much better game in fairness.

On the IB matches, I think I read last week that this will be Liverpool's 14th game at 12.30 after an IB (maybe since Klopp came in) the next closest is Spurs on 6. Liverpool did very poorly in them last year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

surprised anyone has Diaz, gotta be almost 10 better options before he features in any midfield

6 blanks on the spin now, must be the biggest disappointment of all the mids surely? sterling has blanked in all but 2 gw's also but

at least he scored big in those two

• Advertisement

Gakpo back in Liverpool training.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Med101007

Whats the story with Botman for this GW? He's stil showing as a 50 - 50. Presume if he is passed fit he won't last the 90 or be subbed from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Nothing confirmed but a Newcastle supporters website says he has posted photos of training sessions on his social media which might suggest he could be available to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was going to bank but just done Tsimakis in for Tarko

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭RossGeller

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Might get him in for Gusto but then would have to drop maybe Doku or Diaby in Midfield. Back 3 at present at Tripper, Cash and Udogie. Might wait until maybe a team leak tomorrow and see. Wouldn't mind 2 FTs next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Sold Haaland & Sterling for Salah and Watkins.

Hopefully the 12.30kick off doesn't effect Salah or Liverpool's performance too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Twitter talk that NFO v LUT may be called of due to waterlogged pitch.

Inspection at 11am apparently.

I have 3 LUT, Kabore, Nakamba and Morris.

Might take a -4 on Morris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Were you going to start any of them? I've Kabore and Morris but both on bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Aye, Morris.

Anderson away to Newcastle was 1st sub.

Think I'll play him, only 3 goals in last 5 new/cpl games.

Morris out after NFO was always the plan.

Other 2 are season bench fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

on WC, and gone for something different

Areola Johnstone

Trip Udogie Van de veen {Tsimikas Andersen CP}

JWP Bowen Mo Gordon March

Haaland Watkins Foster

3 WH is looking worrying, but form is good, really want Alvarez but Ollie is doing fine,havent the courage to go without EH

Post edited by DJIMI TRARORE on

I'm probably gonna WC in GW10, so I am in one week punt territory this GW I think. I kind of feel I am being forced into a transfer, just because of the WC next week. If I was not WC'ing, I would probably roll. But at the minute, I currently have a bit of a benching headache with my front 7. while also debating about a transfer.

This is my current front 7, with Diaby as the sub.

Mbuemo Diaz Son Maddison

Alvarez Watkins Haaland

If we get a leak and Diaz is not starting, I have a few options -

A) start Diaby & bench Diaz

B) Diaz -> Jota

C) Is Gibbs-White worth it, playing Luton? it seems a bit too risky with the FT when their are other options. He is capable though.

D) Maybe a Man Utd MID ? It is a great fixture against Sheffield Utd, but also their MIDs have flattered to deceive.

E) Gvardiol -> Trippier. This is probably the safest option, would block all the Trippier owners around me, and I can hop off of him again on WC as I think he might be too expensive for the subsequent fixtures which are a bit trickier, especially with the BVB games in Europe sandwiched in between.

If Diaz is starting, I think option E) is a cert. I do think Diaz will start, but he was poor against Brighton and missed a penalty during the international break. Sofascore had him down as having a poor performance in that game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

1FT and 0.8 ITB. Some decent fixtures coming up so thinking of holding on to the WC for another few weeks. Any obvious moves here or roll the transfer forward?

@mindhorn Gusto -> Schar / Gabriel / Guelhi ?

I have Diaz and I’m putting him first sub regardless of team news. Even if he starts I don’t expect more than 60 minutes and I think that game is harder than people think.

A Man United midfielder would be a lovely one week punt against the worst team in the league and that is where the ‘punt’ is. Trippier is playing it safe against EO.

Yeah Trippier is the safer option alright, but I also only have 3 fit defenders so I would need Gvardiol to start and I'm not sure I'm confident of that with Stones back fit and probably starting alongside Rodri. Dias will start, and I would guess that Ake & Akanji do too either side of him. Palace are struggling for goals so I think a Newcastle CS is fairly nailed on.

If I was to do a Man Utd mid, would Bruno be the better option, given that he is on set pieces and Sheffield United struggled so much on set pieces against Newcastle? Casemiro has scored a few headers from memory but do Man Utd have many others to get on the end of set pieces? Obviously there are other avenues to goals but given that they have only scored 9 goals in 8 games doesn't exactly give me too much hope. And Hojlund seems to be their best avenue towards goals in the last few weeks, but hasn't registered a G or A in the PL yet.

Yeah I would agree that Diaz is limited to 60 mins at most too. The hope really is that Everton commit so many people to man marking Salah that the space is vacated for him.

Could save you a lot of hassle here.

I was just reading from one of the most trusted Man City team news sources on Twitter that - ‘Could be a couple of surprises tomorrow for City, unsure who yet. (Not attackers)’.

So that would suggest changes at the back. You’re probably better off with Trippier and for many reasons.

ps, if I could gamble on a midfielder this week it would be Rashford. But it’s only a gut feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

Don't mind holding on to Gusto until James is 100% fit. Thinking of maybe moving Estu to Tsimikas, considering Liverpool's upcoming fixtures. No guarantee he plays every game though.

This is supposedly the lineup but he’s not 100% on Ortega.

• Advertisement

Hmm Gvardiol starting throws a spanner in the works. Do I still transfer him out for Trippier and hope Brighton score or just move out a non-playing defender to Schar instead?

Advertisement