Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I hear you on Murray. Him not getting suspended was inexplicable, but also series changing.

I do also think Denver are still underappreciated by pundits - particularly Jokic. Nobody would've called the series over if we treated him like the top 15 all-time (and could end up top 8 all-time) that he is. A proper superstar is normally expected to figure it out, but many in the US media didn't give him that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He's up there in the argument for GOAT the way he is going. Another five or so years at the level he's at now and the argument will be whether it's him or MJ that's the GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He's now won 3 MVPs in 4. Win it again next year and he'd match LeBron's 2008 - 2013 stretch. I think the idea that he doesn't get enough credit is somewhat overblown at this stage tbh. I also reckon he's comfortably treated as a top 15 player already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Agreed, he is so utterly dominant and will retire as the greatest big man ever (at a minimum). Shaq must be going crazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Shaq is already fuming.

On the night it was confirmed Jokic won this year's MVP, he was broadcasting, and he was not a happy man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the celtics hit 1/25 at the start of the match last night, 1/20 leading up to the game. never have I seen a worse 1/20 shot. I would not have them favorites' against Denver, if that is the final match up

As I've been saying, they look like a group of individuals and not a team. They need to get more in sync with each other.

They have literally cruised through the first two rounds in ten games.

ah I know they have cruised, and just reading this morning they have taken more abuse for a 15 point win, than denver for a 45 point loss !!

My point is only the betting odds. For a 1/20 (1.05) team, I would not have cared to be backing them with big money. They did not look all that comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Have to imagine Boston will make it to the Finals with fewer scars than whoever gets out of the West. DEN/MIN going to 7 games and OKC/DAL to a minimum of 6, then two of those have to play each other in what I'd imagine would be a long series too.

Boston have made the ECF in 10 games and now have nearly a week to rest while the Knicks and Pacers continue to slog it out. They're the only team to not lose 2+ games during the semis.

• Advertisement

I think that point was fair, the odds were strictly bad value.

More generally though, I just keep reading negative posts on this team all year. Their regular season was objectively great; and they are now in the ECF as strong favs with a minimum of fuss. The psychology of this stuff is interesting - the expectation level is obviously so high that Boston fans can't properly appreciate it.

Any word on a GMT approx. time for the G7 of Nuggets/TWolves?

It will be 20:30 if Knicks win tonight, otherwise it will be 00:30

LETS GO KNICKS!

Worst 7 game series ever? No close games and decider over before halftime.

Jokic is probably not going to get near LeBron / Jordan. I don’t expect him to get held to the LeBron standard for this loss either, inspite of surrendering the largest ever lead to lose in a game 7 in NBA history (can you imagine?).

Going to multiple Finals is just really hard, that’s the reality of it. We’re going to have 7 different winners in 7 different seasons for the first time ever.

As is, Minny / Dallas / Indiana / Celtics a pretty meh final four. Not a great runout for an organisation in the middle of tv negotiations.

Celtics should seal the deal from here.

Was genuinely worried for Minnesota at times last night, it felt like far too many possessions were ending up with Gobert in the post and that isn't a recipe for winning, despite his Jordan-esque fadeaway later in the game!

But credit to them, they ground out that win, though I think Malone didn't help his team by not giving Jokic some time on the bench earlier in the game and he was clearly gassed by the end.

Hope Celtics/Pacers is a decent series but I have feeling Celtics will dispose them easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Id love to see Luka take over from here. Mavs/Wolves should be fun.

Overtime in Boston. Jaylen Brown with a ridiculous three to get it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

omg, pacers had this, they messed up, great shot by Brown to be fair but they had the game, not confident on overtime for them but let’s see

Celtics turn it on in the last minute of OT to get it done. They played well tonight, worked well together, if they were at what they've been doing for most of the playoffs they'd have lost tonight.

Haliburton was awful down the stretch but don't want to take away credit from Jrue either who forced a bad turnover from him also late on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This one worth staying up for. Naz Reid going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Incredible from Luka, you just knew after his missed that 3 a couple of possessions before that he was going to nail the game winner.

Well it looks like a Celtics Mavericks finals. As a Celtics fan I'd be happier with Dallas rather than the Timberwolves size. On the down side it would be very disheartening to see Kyrie win a championship against the Celtics

Well the much maligned (in this thread) Boston Celtics cruise through the Eastern Conference in 14 games total, sans Porzingis.

This has been about as smooth a run to the Finals as you’ll ever see since October. An exceptional offseason to an exceptional season to a very easy conference championship. Kudos.

I’d like to say it was more complicated there than Boston just having more talent down the stretch, but I’m not sure it’s the case. Clutch 3s from Tatum and White and great defense from Brown. They just had more on the floor in each possession last 5 minutes. And this is without Porzingis.

Carlisle made some key mistakes and Indiana really should have won at least one of games 1 and 3 but it doesn’t matter. The obviously best team advances.

the 1/1.30am starts are really making it tough to watch the games here. I will make more of an effort for the finals.

Good to see the timber wolves extend it. Who knows, could be the first 3-0 down comeback !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Supposedly Bronny is back to being speculated as a potential late first rounder.

A whole new level of nepo-rostering that would make Thanasis blush.

Advertisement