Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭Corvo

It will make for an interesting off-season for basketball fans to see how it will be dismantled. Shams already has a piece out about how unhappy Durant is with his role in the team so that may progress into a trade demand, Beal has either been injured or out of sorts and Booker is their only real massive trade piece to bring in a huge haul to reboot.

Enjoyed watching Kyrie last night, on form he's a pleasure. Luka looks very tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,606 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah just spotted that Shams piece, barely an hour after the game ended! Could KD really be considering pushing a move to another "superteam"? Where would he go? Who would take him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

It was great yes but I felt that Kidd lost the game for the Mavs, when they levelled or even when they went ahead it was time o to move out Kleber for Lively or Gafford. Kleber was on to spread the floor offensively but when they levelled or were up he should have been subbed out. You could see what was coming with Harden as they were spamming the same action all during the 4th. If it was Ty Lue over the Mavs it would be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Luka is some man for whining and complaining. Not a good trait

I don't think running it back with the Suns will change anything. Beal has the No Trade Clause and the remainder of the team outside Booker just isn't good enough. I mean Nurkic at centre was never going to work against the better teams. If he does push for a move then the real redemption arc is with OKC and leading the young core to a title. Now whether OKC want to gamble upsetting that project by inserting Durant into it, is another story (as good as he is, Shai's usage etc. would plummet).

The history books will show he his two titles and numerous other accolades but in a sport riddled with narrative, his isn't kind.

• Advertisement

Indiana 3-1 up on Milwaukee, Dame and Giannis both injured at the moment. What an awful season they've had since firing Griffin, and yet because of those recent injuries to key players Doc Rivers may be kept around for next season.

The Pacers are the only lower seed currently leading their series, they'd go on to play NYC (or Philly however unlikely) and I can't see them getting anything out of either of those series.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know why anybody would be interested in Durant anymore. He seems to decide he's not happy a lot and that's not a good thing in the locker room.

Youth is taking over the NBA these days. If you look at the best players in the game right now most of them are pretty young. Jokic and Embiid would be the oldest at around 30. SGA, Doncic, Giannis, Tatum and Wembenyama would be next for me. I'd have Edwards, Fox and Brunson after that.

The Pacers were pretty hot at the end of the regular season. I think I heard someone say they went 15-5 over their last twenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The reality of the new CBA probably means none of LeBron / Durant / Steph will be able to keep taking the super max values and win a title, as they all need more help than can be afforded around those numbers at this point.

Another great game in Denver. Murray with another sick finish after LeBron did all he could with Davis injured.

Denver found a way at home in two super close games.

• Advertisement

That’s no LeBron, KD or Steph in the second round for the first time since 2005.

Fade em, as the cool kids say. Will Boston be the only team to stop Denver?

Porzingis had a very good year injury wise. But they did limit him and Horford. He was questionable last night, but played and got injured. Hopefully it's not too bad, and the Celtics wrap it up next game, and the cavs magic goes to 7 games. Give him some time to recover.

I watched it, Lakers put in a great effort. Davis played the full game and looked okay a couple of minutes after he got hurt. It didn't seem to affect his performance at all.

Well he did nothing offensively after the injury, but maybe that’s just AD disappearing late as he can be prone to doing…

Minny series could be interesting. If this step up from Ant man is real then Minny have to be respected.

He didn't do much offensively but he played really well on defense.

Overtime in the Garden, fantastic game. Tyrese Maxey just gets better and better, 41 points so far, he's had two other 30+ points games in this series. Brunson having a great game too.

Sixers win it.

No playoff magic from Miami this time, I know it's a 1v8 but I'm sure Boston are hugely relieved to get that over with.

Clippers drop to 3-2 at home, off to Dallas for Game 6 now.

• Advertisement

As noted last week, Miami just had a lucky shooting night

things could have gotten out of hand here

I really can't stand Pat Bev, none of this "he plays hard" shít he's just extremely dirty and sly.

EDIT: That video doesn't even show the worst of it^ He throws the ball twice due to hitting the wrong person with the first throw!

His response is embarrassing too

AND he's refusing to speak to reporters who don't subscribe to his podcast…

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, that clip of him with the reporter was absolute cringe, Jesus.

$82m in career earnings for Beverly. Feels like it’s been a grift, in part at least, for a few years now.

They were never going to challenge without playoff Jimmy.

Tne Pacers are a serious outfit, don't underestimate them. Really looking forward to them playing the Knicks.

• Advertisement

I see the Lakers fired Ham. I think he did as good as he could with the roster he had.

Advertisement