Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Macan EV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

At that starting price, and looking that good, they should sell a few hundred of them, anyone know when we should see them there on Irish roads?

Porsche sold 191 Taycans and 180 Cayennes in 2023, so I'm expecting about 300 Macan (that's assuming there's no restrictions on supply here) , I'm guessing but I would expect the new Macan will probably take sales from the Taycan and also the Audi e-torn GT (which only sold 102 in 2023)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They won't sell anything like that number. The Taycan is leading the charge of tanking luxury EV sales, they couldn't be launching a Macan EV at a worse time.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I must admit I like the look of these, I did a configuration with what I'd consider essentials and I ended up with 14K in extras. Hilariously they are charging 328 for a rear wiper!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Porsche is far more of a luxury brand than Tesla/Toyota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Configured for the one I'd order myself and added 13.8k of extras. Most were "required" like rear wiper, towbar. One good thing though is that unlike taycan most of the EV based options like 150kW charging etc seem included as well as AWD.

Quite nice actually.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PR3IUZQ7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I’ve been aiming to keep it under 100k when I build one!

I reckon you can get a decent spec for that with all the “essentials”😁

the Audi q60 etron will have to be 10k cheaper surely to have any hope of success when it arrives?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think that goes without saying. Can we have one thread where we don’t get the aul “this is better than Tesla” comments. Of course it is. It’s 2.5 times the price of it and nobody will argue otherwise.

I wasn’t saying its going to be on par in with a Tesla Model Y, I just don’t think its good value at 2.5x times the price. I’ve personally daily driven a Cayenne and I really wasn’t all that impressed by it so I don’t see how a Macan would be any different.

On a side note it seems to have a range of 613 kilometres which is very impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

A quick conversion on UK price to Irish equivalent should have it around 88k in Ireland? They adding a bit extra purely because they reckon then can here?

Took UK price of 69k and converted to Euro. Added extra 3% Vat on (think we are 23 vs 20 in Uk).

Added 7% Vrt.

Funny reading reactions to the base price in various redit forums from US/UK users…price jump is huge for them compared to their ice.

We’re well used to it because of the daylight robbery VRT on any sort of medium/high ice performance models.

Post edited by rodge123 on

Advertisement