Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards GS 2023 - Ryder Jug face-off 14th Oct 6:0 to Boards

Options
  • 09-10-2023 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

🤩🤗The Ryder Jug 2023

This is it! Taking place in Headford New Championship course this weekend Sat 14th Oct 2023 From 1pm

The annual face-off with our golf society rivals is upon us: The Reps match is just around the corner. Given the recent Ryder Cup victory for the blue team, it seems like fortune may favor the blue of our boards.ie society this year. (Let's conveniently overlook that The Reps' color is also blue!)

The Ryder Jug may not share the global recognition of the Ryder Cup, but it matches it in passion and competitiveness. Our version involves two teams of the 12 best players in the society from the year, competing in six fourball matches. We're also going to provide live scoring, allowing enthusiasts to track the progress in real time in a scoring system familiar with anyone watching the Ryder Cup.

Our society scoring system had been updated in 2022 in an attempt to reward the more consistent golfers which puts us in a position of strength going into this match.

We'll keep the cards close to our chest for now, but I can say confidence is high despite the fact that the Reps have retained the cup in the last two outings. Teams and running order have been picked and will be announced in due course. Speaking of courses, the course - Headford new, is undoubtedly one of the best parklands in the country and will be a buzz of nervous activity in just 5 days time. I am one of 24 people really looking forward to this. This event is thoroughly enjoyed by everyone who participates and has a qualification process which plays out over the whole course of the year. Congratulation to each of the competitors of both teams for making it onto the jug team in 2023.

Our team is as follows:

-BallyK

-Seve OB

-Slave1

-Bakerbhoy

-Kiith

-Pakman

-Vw1

-Bobster453

-Spacecoyote

-GolfGraffix

-Roadrunner (Captains pick)

-FixdePitchmark (Captains pick)

-Break80 (Assistant Captain, Reserve, and Chief Morale Booster [Beater?])

Post edited by slave1 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

looking forward to another great match

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

Best of luck Saturday lads.

Ye are the cream of a very competitive year with the society.

Well deserved.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Best of luck to everyone on Saturday and enjoy yourselves. Wish I could have been there but I'm sure you will all do the society proud!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Looking forward to a rematch with the Reps. It's always a great event.

Sorry you can't be with us token56 but best of luck in the marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Best of luck boys bring her home! 💪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Snackbox20

Best of luck lads Saturday. You'll do the society proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Pity about the timing of your marathon, best of luck and enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Best of Luck @RoadRunner and your Ryder Jug Team for Saturday. May the the Golfing Gods bless the day with a victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Richiemaloney

Best of luck lads ,bring the cup home weather looks good 😎

• Advertisement

Will definitely be back fighting fit in 2024. Got the hip replacement operation early September and currently well on the road to recovery. A big incentive is getting back to playing golf in 2024. Best of Luck again !!!

Great to hear @Macker . I know lots of people who have had hips replaced and great results and all good on the golf course for them. It won’t be long before you are back swinging

The forecast on Saturday in Headford is looking good, sunny but colder than it has been. The following are our pairings for the day. These may not represent the final order that the pairings will go out in which will remain a secret for now 🤐

- Bobster453 & Bakerbhoy

- GolfGraffix & Roadrunner

- Kiith & FixdePitchmark

- Pakman & BallyK

- Vw1 & Slave1

- Spacecoyote & SeveOB

The Reps will be looking at this wondering is that the actual pairings….. Is there a double bluff going on here?? 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

And wondering if they're playing against cartoon characters or real people 😁

It might be the right order also, or not, or some, or not the real pairings, or maybe they are 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bobster453

I feel like a cartoon person..Bob the Builder..or Sponge Bob maybe😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Live scoring will be in the ClubNet App or you can view here

https://clubnet.golfgraffix.com/LiveScoring/?club=MG8GXL-57526-28805&compid=5SMUYILIEK#s3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Best of luck lads! Time to bring the Jug home!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

The verv best of luck lads, some very tough pairings there. Bring it home.

Am try to get rid of pre-march nerves here by keeping myself distracted by anything! Even cleaning the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭spuddy4711

Brilliantly played, well done, a great win.

Congrats Team on a great victory...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Richiemaloney

Great win lads well done 🏆

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Great win guys. Well done all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

6-0, get the **** in! 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bobster453

Phew that was serious good fun.Thanks to my playing partner @bakerbhoy for keeping me under control.

Brilliant fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Great day, all 12 played great to win all 6 matches. Which I believe is a 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great result..but kinda odd too ..so many games were very close , but we ended up winning them all.

Myself and Kiith had a great day , played well , at the right time..if Kiith probably carried me a good bit . He is a powerful golfer and did something special so many times..

The Reps played the game in great spirits and were very gracious in a tough loss.

Roadrunner was fantastic, great pairings, looking at complentary skills and personalities.

BTW ..they had a hole in 1 , in one of the matches.

Thanks to Clubnet for live scoring , was class.

What an amazing golf course...in my top 10 in Ireland.

Was a great year, Full of fun and variety ..I had a few difficulties on work and family front...so the BGS was a lovely escape at times

Well done Break 80 ..you were class and terrifying as the vice captain. And sacrificed a night out for NZ game / downfall.

The margins in Rugby and Golf are so small...but today all.the margins fell our way .

Whilst a 6-0 win is a freak..was reflecting that, it is nice that it was 6 in the end ..as literally everyone on the team played a part.

As it got dark , we returned to the car park for the jug presentation..light was gone and the sun set on what was a special day and year for BGS.

Hopefully catch all in new year, when the mind and body is rested...

Alanm MBGA

Roadrunner .." you were the future once "

6-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Our match had everything in it really

• 3 down thru 9 (one of their lads had 23 points on his own ball on front 9)
    • A hole in one (from their other player) on the front 9
    • A back 9 battle back. Got back to AS only for their outside guy to hit a 230 yard approach to 10ft on 15 with a stroke for us to go back 1 down
    • Winning 3 on the bounce to finish, Seve finishing with 3 pars (taking the pressure off me to have to take my 3 par putts) to turn a 3 down to 2 up win

Match played in good spirits, and a great day out.

Vice Captain did a great job keeping people focussed on their own game and not what the opposition were doing.

Seve with a little wind up on one of the opposition saying that Break80 was the Course Marshall keeping an eye on things 😆

Great result in the end, at one point, around the 13th-14th we checked the leaderboard and we were up well in 3 matches, but every other match there was only 1 hole between the teams, so a really strong closing run by all the teams to bring in a great result for Boards and get the Jug back to its rightful home!

Great year and great jug management from Captain Roadrunner!

Advertisement