Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2024 - Nationwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 betyourlifeonit

I reached qualifying standard for the interview over a month ago, I gave in the forms the next day and garda vetting was done within 4 days. I havent heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Spilly123

Haven’t even been called for an interview yet despite being in the top 50 in my county.

Has anyone started working in this role yet?

I haven’t heard back and garda vetting was completed about 6 weeks ago.

Also, do they ask for references if you havent worked in the civil service before?

I haven’t worked for a while and the only work reference I was able to get is somebody who is not working in that company anymore. I could get character references though.

I’ve heard zilch since I was asked for location preferences 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eyeheartcapybara

They’ve only just opened the TCO 2023C panel so it will be a while before they start placing off 2024.

• Advertisement

Information booklet says 'It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 31st July 2024'. That's still another 6 months though, so a good while like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aristea

Hi guys ,

My MOO is 361 for Dublin,batch 3 .

I went through the vetting clearance process and I'm waiting for updates.

Last week that I contacted public jobs they said that they were still under 60 for MOO.

Anyone that has been being contacted with merit of order above 60 until now for Dublin?

Anyone that has any experience for how long it might take until we got contacted for assignment in Dublin if your MOO is 300 and above?

Thank you in advance.

Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

Any update on Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ZuuZuu

Keeping it vague, applying from Dublin I was placed in the top 50, batch 1. I have had my Garda clearance completed over a month ago, unfortunately I have not heard a peep yet.

Good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Anyone have the email to contact PAS for this comp? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 tira11opm

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dizzyrascal88

Hi guys can someone tell me what happens once clearance and garda vetting is completed. Its a tco position with the DSP. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OlgaC

See they are advertising again this coming Friday for temporary clerical officers nationwide. Doesn’t make sense to me when there’s loads of us here who haven’t heard a thing. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 happydays1968

What happens if you are still waiting to hear from last campaign. Do you just reapply to this new campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OlgaC

I’m reapplying. Don’t know if you are meant to but it’s horrid bad form that we hear absolutely nothing but they re advertise. I placed well on OOM for Cavan so I might switch to Meath this time. Wonder do we loose our previous preferences though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

It’s possibly a 2024 B competition for areas with highly demand, sometimes they even run a C competition….

Apply for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

I haven't heard a thing since choosing location preferences.

I actually made the top 10 in my county this year so fingers crossed.

I'll be applying for the new campaign this Friday if there's any location preference near me. I'd even consider applying to Dublin this time around as things seem to move quicker up there.

Post edited by Beckett99 on

Hi all ,

I contacted again the Public jobs office and asked about the Order of Merit that have been calling for placements in Dublin.

A few weeks ago as I mentioned in a previous post , they were calling candidates below 50 and now according to their response, they are reaching out to OOM 203.

Anyone on those batches that has any update?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SmallCat

I got a message for my interview for TCO 2023 next week. My OOM was in the lower 900s for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tira11opm

Anyone that applied for 2024B comp, are you finding that your answers are not saving??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Cryn12

Has anyone in Cork herd anything? Have gone through all stages OOM 180.

Anyone received results for 2024B yet?

Also does anyone know how long it takes in general from having an interview to actually starting work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TracyMcCabe

OOM 294 for Dublin, heard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnaHastings

Just heard from 2024B - Dublin

OOM 70, will update as/if they reach out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cryn12

Anyone any updates for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zompate88

Hi I Just got a start date for the 22th of April in Kilkenny anyone else received a contract yet?

Hi ,

In regards to Dublin for the competition of October 2023 ,they have been stuck to OOM of 355 for the last 2,5 weeks.

I have more 6 people in front of me until my OOM is reached but since 20/03/2024 they didn't call anyone above 355 for assignment .

Does anyone being called for Dublin with Order of Merit above 355?

Why it's taking so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AnaHastings

Update: Got an e-mail today scheduling an interview on 25/04/2024

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Adventurerguy

Well done I also got the same email today

Advertisement