Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 18 - Qatar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah here, he qualified first and brought home the win. Trading fastest laps with Max. He’s an outstanding talent but of course he still has plenty to learn - tyre management during the race being the biggest issue. It certainly was not a schooling for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,278 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

We laughed at Mika Hakkinen earlier this year when he said mclaren would be beating redbull later this year.

He was not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭McFly85

He did seem very frustrated in his interview, moreso at himself for mistakes he made.

I think if they start with a competitive car next season, McLaren have a brilliantly competitive team lineup, followed probably by Ferrari and Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I really enjoyed sprint yesterday, bit of a weird one for Piastri to have first win but it to be in a sprint. More to come though, I'm sure. At start of season I was very disappointed in his media appearances and how bland he was, but it turns out he's not bland, just dry. Which is turning out great.

I saw that the FIA and/or stewards and/or Pirelli will make a call at 2pm Qatar time as to whether they will have to mandate a certain amount of pitstops or not. From an entertainment point of view, obviously more stops is better, but from a sporting point of view, you'd hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What an exciting race! I am delighted for Oscar Piastri.

It is great to see Max win a very deserved third world title.

We should be in for a great race later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

My bets for today.

George to win with winning margin less than 6 seconds.

€8 = €536

Podium consists of

Verstappen, Alonso, Norris.

€10 = €82.27

Just for a bit of interest, I don't believe that either will pay, but anyway. 😁

Anyone else got a tip or a bet on?

Who do I back for 1st retirement?

I'm thinking Mercedes. Probably at 1st corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can we not do a gambling thing all of a sudden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭markw7

Stroll is 16/1 first retirement, more likely to be Tsunoda or Sargeant but I threw a euro on him because of his antics this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

@Mech1 I've never lost money following the tips offered up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

3 stops mandatory today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well Formula 1 is officially dead. I am done with it. I only partially watched the highlight on the TV just watched the last 3 mimutes of of all the qualifying sessions as that all that matter really.

Did not even bother with the C4 highlights and will not be bothering with todays race either as its all done and dusted so I really do not care.

Over the last few years the thing that made F1 special has been destroyed. It has been diluted far too much. Its like putting a tiny drop of diluted orange in a pint class and then filling the rest up with water you might as well just drink water(nothing better for you anyway) . There is too many races now and the sprint weekends are just a mess and a gimic that adds nothing to the sport. That was proven this weekend when Max( Who I am/was a big fan of by the way) won the WDC in it and did not even need to win the race. The points in the sprints should have been seperate from the Main races a mini championship if you will. So by by F1 I shall not miss you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thefa

18 lap limit set with previous use this weekend reducing it for a used set. Has potential to be really interesting and/or a bit of a shitshow.

The softs in the sprint only seemed to have about 10 good laps in them factoring out the safety car and the drop off towards the end. Imagine some may need more than the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,518 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sainz won't race, engine issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ugh, Sainz out before it even starts

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The 3 stops might make it a bit odd, maybe interesting with all the stops hopefully doesn't dull it down to much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Checo starting from the pitlane, second in the championship is becoming hard work. Hamilton could finish 2nd without winning a race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Sweating like pigs might be a fitting description for the humidity right now. Rosberg too and the guy pretending to not know anything, hilarious

Evening folks, just in from the garden and catching up on the posts. 3 stop minimum and no Sainz? Hopefully we’ll see some decent scraps with the McLarens coming through the field.

Cool looking helmet the team gave Max.

Wow both mercs come together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Wow - that's kind of beautiful

Lol. Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Both Mercs! Holy f***

Piastri up to second already! Now we’ll have a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭McFly85

Disaster for Mercedes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement