Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 18 - Qatar

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The climate is totally unsuitable for racing and the track is rubbish, this GP needs to be canned.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

On the flipside - Giant bags of money so its going nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Nothing is going to be done about the Qatar track other than the later date like last year, unless something horrible happens. When Logan started weaving and slowed down just before he came in I was terrified that he was passing out in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Mech1

Well, I think I probably called that right!😁

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...oh it would be interesting to be a fly in there at the moment....

• Advertisement

Once again Hamiltons ego overruled his brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

is the pressure getting to him! i think Russell has the upper hand now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭McFly85

I’d say Hamilton is raging he was so impatient. He sounded really unhappy with the strategy he was starting on pre-race which probably made him try and force the move into P1.

But as the race panned out with so many pit stops tire management wasn’t a huge factor - if there was pace in the car you’d have a great chance at points, which Russell showed with his recovery drive.

It was a great opportunity for him to close the gap to second with Perez struggling to do anything, and it was an easily avoidable situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Was wondering if the GDPA will get engaged here as several pilots reported issues with the heat.

It's shocking to see the lack of people caring about the safety aspects of this imo. Drivers are supposed to be able to extricate themselves from the car without help or they aren't considered safe to race. It was very obvious for many drivers out on track that self extraction from the car in the event of a fire or whatever would have been impossible and nobody seems to care. The drivers themselves don't even mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

They will have to. Sure half the drivers could barely get out the car. Yet alone in the few odd seconds they normally have under fia rules. Very lucky there was no accident to test this as it could have been fatal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Those vests the drivers wear before a race, surely they can develop A seat that provides cooling qualities for the driver.

Some teams are estimating cockpit temperatures of 60 to 80 degrees C. They’re lucky there wasn’t a serious incident. At least they appear to be taking note of it. Temperatures like that should be considered more dangerous than torrential rain. Need Seb Vettel back to call out this BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Isn't that Russells job to call out about drivers well being?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's both, I think Vettel is still a director of gpda.

Did anyone see videos of Stroll driving, it was a view from cockpit facing him. You could see that at times his head was solid and normal, but other times his head was properly rolling around as if he had passed out. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 -F1-

The cooling issue is a pretty easy fix when it's comes to these climate races.

They just need to increase the minimum weight limit to accommodate cooling suits which would be mandatory.

If tempatures reach a certain limit then the mandatory cooling requirements kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They're already wearing special gloves that monitor vitals I thought? Surely they should have flagged something was up. Does the FIA medical delegate have the power to withdraw a driver from a race for their own safety? If Lance or any driver is zoning out on the straights, they effectively become a dangerous defect of the car, and like any dangerous defect they should be shown the orange spot flag and instructed to pull in.

Making the cars heavier so they can race in completely unsuitable conditions is dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 36 -F1-

How does an extra 2kg effect the stability of the car besides adding a 10th to a lap time.

Or are you pretending to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must say the race was actually quiet good and Congratulations to Max on dominating the race and winning the WDC on Sunday too. The right way to do it.

The C4 Highlights were really good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ah here, I know weight it king in F1 etc, but the disadvantage would be negated if they all had to wear cooled suits, or something like a cooled seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What can I say I was not even going to watch the highlights but then heard that the two Mercs had crashed and had to see it. It was not as bad a race as I thought it might have been after all.

Besides Daniel is back at the next race and I want to see how he does.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭markw7

If you put the bet on it would almost ruin the race with Sainz dropping out before the start, I'd be pissed off anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭markw7

In fairness if you thought the two mercs were coming together you'd always back Hamilton to come out of it the better, he nearly always comes out clean of the collisions.

So it didn't matter after the first corner. I assumed Hamilton would lose the run of himself but I also assumed he would ensure that he turned into Russell in a manner that would allow him best survival chances.

We think alike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Without going on too much about Lewis's driving standards, when he does make contact, he usually puts his front wheel into a side pod or a wheel of the other diver to nudge them off slightly. Last weekend was unusual for him turning in way too early and getting his rear wheel clipped. Of course the Merc is strong on its front wheels so George came out of that the better!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement