Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Partner has tinder on his phone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

OP did you meet him from one of these apps? Is there any evidence that he ever met any of these women? It could be just an addiction to these sites and the dopamine hit of attention.

Of course, it's not good if he's visible to people in the area on such sites and I don't blame you for ending it. But he may not be the monster being made out.

I agree you should have ended it the first time, because if you're going through browser history, whether you find something or not, there are clearly issues there. Please don't bring it into your next relationship because you could easily lose a good guy because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

I don't think anybody has made him out to be a monster. But our OP thought she was in a relationship with him, while he continued to use multiple apps behind her back. She may never know if he actually slept with anybody else but that's beside the point. Obviously, it wouldn't bother you if your partner was constantly on the apps. Perhaps you trawl them yourself on a regular basis. That's fine, each to their own and all that. But it's also OK to not want your other half to be at this.

My main worry for our OP isn't that she'd let her mistrust of a future partner get in the way of a relationship. It's that she might meet another version of her ex, albeit one who's less sloppy when it come to covering his tracks. Hopefully she has done plenty of reflection on why she pressed the snooze button on her common sense and persisted with this relationship. She should've walked far far earlier than she did, yet she didn't. Why? That's for her to figure out.

Advertisement