Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

If those were the moves I wanted to do then I would just do them.

Especially if you have at least one decent option on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I'd have a very strong first sub option. Maddison / Son / Mbueno.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hit the WC chip last night and 11 transfers made, complete overhaul. Can play around now with it next few days. Was at 0.1 ITB last night prior to price moves so just went it as Alvarez and JWP increased. Didn't like the look or feel of my original team, I know Villa and West Ham fixtures are yet to turn but ahead of curve there and can bench this GW.

Flekken/Areola

Trippier, Botman, Estupinan, Cash, Beyer

Salah, Rashford, Mitoma, JWP, Diaby

Haaland, Alvarez, Morris

Still not set on Midfield but the rest I am happy enough with as of now. No Arsenal or Chelsea assets so gone against EO there. Saka could be moved into MF as swapping between him and Rashford last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had 2FT.

Brought in Alvarez for my 4.5 striker

Thinking of Chilwell to Botman for my other

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The likes of Gusto at 4m at Chelsea is decent shout - who know if/when James will be back and at 4.0m can't go wrong. Alternatively a 4m Luton defender for their double GW - Everton/Burnley aren't exactly free scoring teams so you'd reckon they should get at least 1 CS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

They popped into my head, but was thinking then of future transfers to remove Luton & Burnley assets the more I get in, as trying to plan future moves. Gusto is a shout and cheap and James is made of glass sure! Saka or Rashford? Saka is obvious but Rashford is due to haul with them few fixtures.

I have Rashford but I'm not convinced, neither have really lived up to what would be expected from them. I'd probably go Saka given his form last night, and fact that Rashford did nothing of note. If you think of Luton lads, Bell and Anderson play 90 mins every week, great bench fodder at 4m, no real need to get rid of them at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The unexpected Botman rise (he was only at like 80%) has meant my plans have had to change, as I had exact money for my moves.

Not sure whether to go for Burn as the direct replacement or go for Reguilon (I guess the idea is that he’s nailed with both Shaw and Wan Bissaka out longterm and with nobody keeping clean sheets it might just be better to go with a very attacking 4.4 option for a team whose clean sheet potential isn’t that much worse than the rest).

Reguilon has looked decent the last few games for United and at his price point there isn’t much else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Chilwell & Baldock out for Botman and Cash....I almost went for Digne in a moment of weakness but came to my senses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭Xander10

Isn't someone posting some decent man city team news in advance?

Dinnery reckons Shaw will be back in 3 GW’s.

3 assist if 5 game for Digne. One could wonder has Cash got his 2 goals for the season already? Historically speaking Digne does well when he gets a run of games...

Rashford or Saka or some else around that price point (i have Son/Salah/JWP/Darwin/Haaland/Alverez) - feel like Saka and Arsenal are in better form. But I don't like watching games after i sell a player, so conflicted selling Rashford - could just give him this GW and bank the transfer. Obv early in season, one rival has both Rashford and Saka, and other chap just has Saka, so in a way getting Saka covers that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yeah I considered all that but have a bad history with Digne... couldn't face into owning him again especially in a move that involved dumping Chilwell.

Cash got a rest on Thursday too and has been very advanced from what I've seen of Villa this season

Been slated by his own fans and could be at risk of losing his place. Seemingly getting done time and again for pace and is either beaten or fouls the player.

Im also looking for a cheap rotation defender to replace Henry. So depending on what GW’s you need to cover should inform you best. I think Hickey is the best I can find but I’m tempted by Castagne at Fulham. He got the 3 bonus points for a clean sheet (no goal or assist) even though he’d a yellow card and someone else scored a winner in the game. Was very attacking albeit against Luton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Long term I think both will be solid picks, both are also a bit streaky when they hit form. Saka is there now and showing form, Rash showing the stats and potential but not the hauls, I think it's a case of staying on the hot streak and switching when rash shows form as opposed to going for Rash a week or two early id rather be a week or two late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I think ive lost my mind. Got in Reguilon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Did Chilwell to Botman earlier this week. 1FT left and still contemplating Watkins to Alvarez but can't make my mind up whether to do it or save the FT. I already have Haaland and Walker. Going triple City has backfired for me in the past which is why Im hesitant

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jackson, Martinelli, Maddison to Alvarez, Eze, Foden for -4. All in on City for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Did Jackson to Alvarez earlier in the week.

Debating whether to go Gabriel or Chilwell to Botman all week for a -4 but I won't.

I have a sneaky feeling Newcastle will concede this week. As bad as Sheffield United are, they've scored v Spurs away and City at home. Only not scored on the opening GW which I can forgive them for and playing Newcastle who played midweek.

That's my rationale anyway, means I am all in on double Chelsea defence - Chilwell and Colwill. Both should start but not totally confident in good returns. Don't see how I'll get the -4 back right away when I can do it next week.

Chilwell was benched last week so no guarantee that he should start this week, but i wouldn't be taking a -4 either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No guarantee you're right although everything I'm reading suggests Chilwell should start to deal with Cash & Diaby. As you say, not sure the -4 is worth it! If I'd a FT, he'd be gone.

Ended up keeping Rashford- was tempted to get foden if heard any early news but 2 FT next week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Foden was reported to start by a few Twitter accounts so that's the only reason I went for him. Kind of sorry I didn't get Doku instead but Grealish is supposed to be back in the squad so he seemed a riskier option.

Advertisement