Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 16-09-2023 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭

2FTs ...

Have already done Bruno > Salah and Watkins > Alvarez

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Eze out for JWP

Scratch that

Edit : Jackson out for Alvarez

Post edited by gammygils on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Rashford out, anybody in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

he looked very lively in first half, but I was humming and hawing about keeping him on WC, dunno what to do with hiM or who to bring in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

He’s out for someone who gives me enough money to bring Alveraz home in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Son punt failed, so he's out.

Alvarez is hoovering up points so need to try get him in but I'm locked with 3 City already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT....will be Bruno and/or Sterling out and maybe some surgery in defence as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Probably gonna downgrade Onana to Areola to allow me upgrade my 11th man to either Trippier or Alvarez

tipping towards Alvarez, looked great today

Ha depending on how Chelsea get on tomorrow, I was thinking of doing Rashford to Sterling, Don't really know who else is worth having - maybe Saka, will see what he does tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I only say MOTD but did he not look exactly like Rashford always has?

He's streaky, when he's on fire everything goes in and when he's not he can't buy a goal. He's going through a can't buy a goal at this stage

Last couple of games I don’t think he showed much - United were attacking and he was heart of it in first half - seemed to die off a little in second.

At 8.9m he’s not showing the form that he should be imo. But not many players have shown form worth getting really -

• Advertisement

IMO, the thing with Rashford is that he is at his best when running into space on the counter attack. Open road ahead of him. When the game is tighter, he doesn't have that space to run into and his main trick of cutting inside on his right foot and shooting.

Burnley will give him the space he wants alright but I don't think Palace, Brentford or SHU will. Man City might. Fulham and Luton are 6 & 7 GWs away.

At least Jackson owners have a very easy transfer to make in Alvarez coming in for him.

Watkins owners have a more difficult decision to make. He is returning and the good fixture run is on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm looking at Watkins in for Wissa from GW7, definitely wouldn't be selling him

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Absolutely wouldn’t be selling Watkins. Actually don’t think Jackson is a must sell either although he is struggling to get goals but he’s getting the chances. The yellows are frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martinelli looks like he'll be out for a few weeks. Might just switch him to Trossard, he should see plenty of minutes now and always does well when he does. Second ft will be Jackson to Alvarez/Wilson. Will see how the CL games go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

1 FT, will prob take a hit though

Jackson to Alvarez, Chilwell to Botman.

Resisting the urge to WC after a dreadful start - 2.3mOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

My issue is that I've done a WC team out and there isn't a huge amount of changes I want right now or obvious candidates. I can make mini WC's for points hit over next 2/3 GW's and keep the WC for GW9 when I originally wanted to.

I want to change:

• Onana & Turner to a GK (not sure who to go to?, is anyone consistent this year?)
    • Chilwell to Botman - will do this week
    • Gabriel - double up Newcastle? can rotate for the moment. Wish I went Saliba to begin with.
    • Estupinan - will keep
    • Colwill & Beyer - could move on but could equally hold as fodder
    • Fernandes & Rashford - will become Salah & Diaby, can do this next week for -4
    • Son - happy with
    • Mbeumo - happy with
    • Foden - happy for the moment but could move on
    • Jackson - to Alvarez this week for a hit
    • Haaland - season keeper
    • Archer - will keep as grand 4.5 fodder.

There's a few I want but not a major overhaul. I think with a WC, you'd want to be making 8 transfers minimum to make it worth it. Some I'm looking at are sideways. As bad as Bruno/Rashford have been, not sure I want to sell before Burnley. Form over fixtures though...

Sanchez at Chelsea is the 5th highest scoring GK but I wouldn't touch him, Neto, Leno, Vicario and Areola above him. Maybe I'd go Areola.

Team feels decent on paper but important to remember it seems everyone had a bad week and points totals are prob still very tight. Feel the WC will be more valuable later on. 1/2 good GW's for the above team could see folks flying up the rankings.

There are a number of players for whatever reason that seem to be going under radar's - the likes of JWP and Awoniyi  have returned in every game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

The Henry news (out for rest of season) has me here doing a WC team and with the Chilwell benching another pain. My defence is now backed up by Udogie, Estupinan & Beyer. Have Pedro up front who is always 50/50. And Osula on bench injured and price to drop soon.

I'd be changing both keepers too, Turner/Johnstone to Flekken/Areola. At moment I'll be moving on 8/9 players so could be the time to just do it for my team. Have 8 players I can say I'd be confident of starting this GW and 3 are Spurs away to Arsenal. 2 million OR.

• Advertisement

Wilson bench tonight, looks like he might start the PL games and Isak gets CL. Going to go for him as my Jackson replacement. I like Alvarez too but Pep is Pep.

Alvarez with 2 goals tonight, his touch & finish for the 1st was top drawer. Hard to ignore him, unreal form. We thinking Pep just gonna not start him soon? 4 X 90 mins + 1 X 89 mins games in PL so far with Forest & Wolves to come in next 2. Early team news would be epic if they were the 12.30 KO, sadly not.

I’m going Jackson to Alvarez and gonna go early to avoid price changes.

Even he’s benched, Alvarez will come on and match or better Jackson’s score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Already done Jackson to Alvarez, unsure if my second will be Chilwell to Botman to Rashford for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

No early game this wkend so still potential to get early news before the 1:30 deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there an argument to be made for keeping Chilwell?

He's well rested for sure, and up against Villa's insane high line...himself and Sterling (who I also own 😬) could have a field day.

Or should I just get rid and make the pain stop 😂

Bang on, never even taught of such. Man City the only 3pm team playing of note on Saturday, would enjoy if Chelsea were. More games Sunday than a Saturday - European football kicking in. Makes it maybe Friday now before looking at any moves due to midweek games unless very stuck on price. Alveraz still didn't rise as expected last night.

According to fplstats, he is close to a drop but he isn't past the threshold yet. If you are on him since the start, you can absorb this one price fall anyways and decide later.

Chilwell does have a couple nice fixtures coming up in Fulham & Burnley but the Newcastle guys have a longer run of fixtures. Chelsea have a big fixture swing then, so he will be mass sold IMO. Those comments from Poch alluding to Chilwell / Mudryk sharing that LW role and Mudryk being the more attacking one so suiting certain fixtures worry me as he may be picked in those easier games against Fulham & Burnley.

Villa play Thursday so this might help Chelsea and also we don't know how Newcastle will react to midweek games yet.

I'm looking to move him out myself, but might just hold out this GW and kick it down the road as I want (need!) Alvarez so going to try do that.

Yeah will be leaving transfers as late as possible, any hint of Alvarez starting and he's in. His first goal was sublime, maybe he'll get his rest in the Carabao midweek.

• Advertisement

I can do dead 4.4 FWD -> Alvarez & Foden -> Diaby for 2 FTs.

But I have to do it before price rises. Is it worth doing it tonight to catch these? I guess I could do a -4 on Saturday if I do get some Man City news but if there is no news, it will be a waste of a hit. Tuesday to Saturday is a decent rest time, and he is the form forward now.

Advertisement