Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's all gone a bit Pete tong

Options
  • 10-09-2023 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

It's been a fairly ridiculous amount of antisocial, fighting and now a hit and run today..... videos are continually being WhatsApped about and all over Twitter.... no-one talking about it here or is that sort of thing frowned upon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

That was a fair ruckus at Tesco today . Lucky no one was killed

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

Given the community involved I don't think we will see too many people calling it out. Don't know how that person run over in Tesco wasn't killed.

Personally I don't receive videos of fights on whatsapp and my twitter feed is not focused on fights in Galway

Maybe this is what you are talking about?

Also not seen or heard anything about a hit and run, where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The hit and run incident was in the Headford Rd shopping centre today, close to the Supermacs drive thru. Very ugly stuff. How someone wasn’t killed is a minor miracle. Very fortunate that some innocent bystanders weren’t caught up in it also (as far as I can tell).

Videos of this and the incidents on Friday are all over social media in the last few days. It really paints the City in a very ugly light.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

The video of the hit and run was on Reddit Galway.

Also video of a big fight outside the train station yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

Government says nothing to worry about. The guard that works Galway city is on annual leave this week but is back tomorrow 👍️

I just saw it. Reg and driver clearly visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Where is the armed response unit? Thats the only way you deal with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Senator's up in arms some weeks back when a taxi driver refused to drive in to a halting site to drop off a traveller senator.

He had however agreed with the passenger, while she was on phone to police, that he was willing to drive in if they stayed on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

We need the rain and cold back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

I've crossed Galway city off my list for city breaks. Seems to be not far behind Dublin and cork for anti social behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

All part of their culture sure. Grand bunch of lads. The five arrested the last day will all get suspended sentences and free legal aid so nothing to see here really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭ratracer

It’s OK, no American tourists were injured in these attacks, so there will be no pressure put on AGS to sort this crap out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Just put #Galway in to twitter and it's all there....

https://twitter.com/VideosIrish/status/1700947459969597729?t=Cj2suNtM77

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

" Smurf" McDonaghs, wtf is that about?

Who knows.... the city of culture I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Grandfather of the family was short apparently. You can thank Reddit/Galway for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Havenowt

They will be grand, a big insurance payout down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

Its poor form when there is little to no garda presence in a city the size of Galway, these lads have no fear of the law when they kick things off in such public places where they know they are being recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Guards should be armed with tasers to combat this kinda stuff, I've said it before, at what stage does society decide that enough is enough with a particular person ? 50/60 previous convictions don't count for nothing. Throw away the key.

Do they not have or use batons anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I don't know, but they would want fairly big ones to be any use on the lads yesterday because they had weapons themselves

Any arrests yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Gone to the dogs since lockdown 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is it Culture Week in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sure they have zero fear of the Guards or there being any consequences whatsoever to their actions. When the Guards eventually turned up during that fight at the top of Shop Street over the weekend, they just kept on fighting even with Guards hanging off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I'm not defending the Gardaí (they're doing a horrific job) but it must be nearly impossible to do any sort of a job when regular offenders are treated like angels by the prosecution system when they are caught. Literally the only thing that might briefly cool things down is the **** rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Its happening all over the country - Longford , towns in County Limerick, a murder at a funeral in Tralee earlier this year. So many towns and villages are been destroyed by this group of Irish Society.

I suupouse if you dont have to work you have all day to fight , have call out videos etc outside of all the other criminality.

Politicans seem to be afraid to tackle this worsening carry on all over the country in case they are accused of discrimination.

I don't believe it. Matt Cooper mentioned it there and will speak about it later. I'm sure pavee point will be there.......not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

The country in gone to the dogs in many parts. I know of two Gardai in particular who are walking away after only less than 5 years of service because they can't hack it anymore. They are abused, spat on, assaulted and not backed up by the justice system. Then you see the likes of McEntee bringing in new laws about mean Tweets 🤣. The level of ineptness and downright stupidity from her is incredible and i don't think iv'e ever seen a minister so out of depth in her/his job ever.

Advertisement