Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone know who Google use for a courier for their orders? And do we think these will ship from Ireland?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Previous orders from Google ship from Netherlands/Germany via DHL.

Thanks for that. Do you know if it's DHL all the way or if it gets handed over to An Post when it hits Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone upgrading from S21 ultra? My s21u battery is not great so was thinking to get new phone. Would pixel 8pro be a good upgrade?

Are there any specific samsung features that pixel don't have worth mentioning?

I had samsung phones for long time now and kinda bored with them so looking at different brands.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭TheRona

Really, you have to look at whether there's any Samsung specific things that you would miss. Largely speaking, there's nothing the Pixel can do that the Ultra can't, but the Ultra would have quite a few features the Pixel is missing. It's just whether you use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

which is better s23 ultra or pixel 8 pro?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Battery life on my Oppo X5 Pro is pretty good, get 1.5 days and I'm a heavy user, sounds like the pixel isn't as good battery wise?

• Advertisement

I'd say the S23 is better on nearly every metric you could use, but it's also more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

It's now saying on the google store that with the 8 pro you get free buds or 229e off a watch, I thought it was a free watch??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still shows as free for me. Are you on the Irish store because some countries got the offer you mentioned.

Irish site, across the top in blue and in the fine print

"Buy Pixel 8 Pro and get Pixel Buds Pro on us or get 229 € off Pixel Watch 2. While supplies last. Offer starts on 4

That's the banner covering both models, you get the watch with the pro.

Yes i see now but the terms below the basket state 229e of a watch with the pro, maybe that is wrong so.

"Buy Pixel 8 Pro and get Pixel Buds Pro on us or get 229 € off Pixel Watch 2. While supplies last. Offer starts on 4/10/2023 and ends on 16/10/2023 at 23:59 CEST (subject to availability). One Pixel Buds Pro per Pixel 8 Pro purchase. Available only if user is 18 or older and provides a delivery address in the Republic of Ireland. All products must be added to your shopping cart to receive the bundle offer. If you return the Pixel 8 Pro without the Pixel Buds Pro, you may be charged 229 € (RRP of Pixel Buds Pro). If you return the Pixel 8 Pro without the Pixel Watch 2, you may be charged 229 € (value of promotional discount). To receive a full refund, you must return all items received as part of the promotion. Except for eligible phone trade-in, offer cannot be combined with any promotional codes, or with other bundle offers running at the same time. Purchase must be made on Google Store Italy. Offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Delivery charges may apply at checkout. Void where prohibited."

That's not what I'm seeing. Mine says the Buds Pro, or the Watch..

Edit: You're on the Italian store, rather than the Irish one. Maybe their offers are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I'm going to call into Vodafone tomorrow and see what they say. And if they have any pixel 8 pro in stock for sale during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Is it just the blue watch available to buy with the pro? , can't see any stock of the other colours

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They must've sold out as black was available when I ordered last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Yes, only the Blue watch is available on the whole site, even watches only, even other color is waiting list.

The pixel 512GB was waiting list yesterday for a while yesterday also and then came back. Not sure what to do now, still have to decide on the pro, but was looking at the Green/gold watch colour

And now all watches out of stock so no option to take a free watch with the 8 pro!!

Post edited by ForestFire on

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just checked and the Bay blue one is available at this moment?

Maybe somebody cancelled an order.

Yes on and off now, tried to get an order in but payment method now failed 😕

Just got an order through, had to use my debit card, so will need to move some money from savings in the morning I think 😬.

Also watch delivery due date is mid November.

Next problem....

Anyone want to swap the blue watch for a green one, in and around the Galway area or not too far from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Did anyone here buy a 7A from three? Wondering if it came unlocked or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MarsyB

Three are unlikely to have any stock in store for launch.

Vodafone still holding out until the 12th.

Virgin Media to get a bill pay phone you must already have their brandband. This was news to me. They have pricing in store it's cheaper than others but I forgot what exactly it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So, ordered the 8, going from a 4A, so badly needed.

Any idea on cases?

I ordered this for the Pro,on Amazon, but really just to have something to get me started.

Case-- 11pounds with 30% off

Case Collection for Google Pixel 8 Pro Phone

Screen-- 10 pounds

ivoler [2+2 Pack Screen Protector for Google Pixel 8 Pro 

Does Google Store ship the Buds/Watch with the phone or will it be delivered much later, like the other resellers?

• Advertisement

For my order with the bonus watch the email said "Your order will arrive in 1 delivery."

Advertisement