Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm clutching at straws here, and this might be too obvious, but did you select the relevant HDMI input? Sorry if this is too obvious but just had to ask in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I did and it is active and TV sees something attached to the port but no pic. Sound also exits from phone and not TV speakers. It was a 2 min test so I will try it again with power on it. TV is a Samsung HD not UHD or 4k if that makes any difference.

I can always fall back to the chromecast but I'd say 50% of hotel wifi systems are a pain with logins and verifications. Then they log you out eetc etc. I always have a few movies of box sets on the phone so if this worked it would be convenient. No faffing around and its nice and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭wassie

+1 for the firestick. I keep one in my suitcase for work. Great also for kids in hotels.

I tried the chromecast, but found it was a complete PITA dealing with wifi. Also problematic if you want to use a VPN, as I never use public/open wifi in hotels after a colleagues laptop was hacked using an open hotel network a couple of years back.

can you confirm the version of the Beta you are on?

How do you mean "with power on it"? Shouldn't require power?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Phone is on Android 14 if thats what you mean by Beta? With respect to power I just meant have it connected to a power supply in case the phone wasn't supplying it with enough power.

• Advertisement

@Traco See my previous post above - did you opt into the BETA program - https://www.google.com/android/beta

When you enrol you get an over the air update of the software…that's what allows the usb-c to HDMI to work. Now, there are downsides to enrolling, sometimes you get software that can be buggy. And it's a tad awkward to withdraw out of the Beta program. Unless you are a bit techy and happy with this, I'd wait until a formal public release comes along.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ported to GoMo today. Happy to report VoLTE and VoWiFi working on the Pixel 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Pixel 8 arrived this morning from Three. Thanks to the poster on this thread for the heads up.

Any recommendations for a wireless charger and for a cover?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Gor the original google one( bay)

On Amazon ,damaged packaging etc ,

e9 off original price

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Any issues with receiving calls on VoWiFi for you?
    I had an issue where phone would only ring three times max when receiving a call before hanging up.
    I turned off VoWiFi and it seems to be OK again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Advertisement