Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Newbie on the search for an EV VW

Options
  • 05-09-2023 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am currently on the search for an EV and think I have it narrowed down to an iD4 or iD5.

The 0% finance is attracting me to going new but may go second hand.

Do either have the parking assist and electric tailgate? When I configure the car online it does not come up as an option. Maybe it can be Done in the showroom?

for those who drive have driven an iD4/5 - would you recommend?

Thanks for any response

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

ive owned an ID4 for year (Moved onto something else now), while I do think there are better EV's for that family segment. It's still a solid car with a good range.

If I was you I would save myself a lot of $$ and go with a really good used car. Great value at the moment in ID3's, there's bound to be some good value ID4's. (If you are set on VW's)

Ive a colleague at work who spent almost 60k speccing out the lower battery ID4. Hard to justify & and would take a huge devaluation a year down the line.

Could well get the below for E36k. Bigger battery 222 with just 7k kms on the clock. Absolute bargain compared with paying 50 something for a new ID4. Stick that 15-20k back in your pocket and you will more than make up for the 0% interest rate. If an ID3 would work you're laughing even more, take a look at the bargain thread some approaching low 20's. Smaller battery mind but still great bang for buck!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-id-4-2022/34862618

• Registered Users Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The park assist and electric tailgate are only available in certain trims, check the product guide on the VW website to see the details

The 0% PCP offer is only available on certain trims, generally the lower spec ones

Personally I'd be tempted to wait for the MY24 prices

The next model could have a whole suite of upgrades including much improved software, a more powerful motor and ventilated seats

It might also drive some discounts on existing stock

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

We have a high spec 2021 Id.3 tour with the bigger battery found in Id.4. It’s a decent size and our family of four went to France in it this summer. Super value in those if you can find one. We are very happy with ours. It doesn’t have electric tailgate or park assist but it does have matrix headlights, drive assist, augmented reality heads up display, ID light which is cool, massage seats and lots more. I’d miss those features on a car now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

Thanks for that! It seems to be the consensus, go for a good secondhand and save the €’s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

Thanks for that. Good to know it survived a trip to France! I would be nervous initially even driving 100kms in an EV.

Crazy how you get used to things and don’t want to live without - who’d have thought - massaging seats in a car 😂

Advertisement