Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Story?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Busher! Bejaysus. It's been a while.

:-)

Lotta bitchin going on here I see. I turn me back for a year and it kicks off lol.

So are we looking at Gallagher, Lana and Cinnamon?

Fred Again and/or Sam Fender?

Saw TCM on Friday night, probably the best I've seen them.

How do I get to the yellow car park???

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dav09

Paolo Nutini was sub headliner last year, and I agree I reckon he will be sub-headliner. I also don't think he's in the same league as Fred Again, I'm not a huge fan but had seen Fred 3 times before he headlined EP and played multiple major festival slots around Europe then headlined Coachella + was headlining multiple festivals in Europe that year, Noah is not. I might not have been fully sold on the idea of Fred headlining (after playing I think Rankins wood the previous year) but it made sense in the end. On top of that, like it or not Fred Again is a music prodigy, having written and produced countless hits over the past near 10 years in the background. George Ezra's Shotgun, Ed Sheeran's full number 6 album, Stormzy/Burna Boy Own It, Aj Tracey/Mabel West Ten, to name a few as well being coached and working with music legends like Brian Eno. I don't think Noah will ever go on to influence music as a whole in the same way. Plus was known for his live shows, i.e. Glastonbury performances, etc.

Spofity streams are just one benchmark of many. Noah has a couple of songs in the low-hundred million spotify range and one at 700mn, Billie Eilish and the Killers had tonnes of songs in the hundred million range and multiple in the billion range of listeners. I also think it's a terrible idea giving someone a main headliner spot on their first major European tour, you're setting someone up to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

if he’s sold out the point then deffo a dom, not a sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Good to have you back busher. New guy in TCM very good, seeing them in whelans in a few weeks

The Script, Niall Horan, Picture This all sold out multiple dates in 3Arena and all subheadlined, as did Paolo Nutini and Snow Patrol previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭Fanirish

he will more than likely headline and have single biggest crowd at the main stage over the weekend. Somewhat delusion to think otherwise. He sold 30k plus tickets in Belfast in an hour the other week. Hottest act around and he is miles above fred again in the key metric of selling tickets.
    though honestly the top 6 acts are all truly headline acts, I really don’t see a difference if on at 9 or 11 on main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TenPicnics

Technically today is April Fools Day, but on this thread it's feeling more like Groundhog Day.

I find it difficult to quantify him getting the biggest crowd when we don't dont even know who is headlining this year unknow something we don't. Fred is fairly selective on where he plays so it's its hard to quantify what he'd he'd sell out, but yeah agreed likely noah would sell a lot more on that. I usually think there is a big quality difference between main and sub headliners but I guess that's that subjective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

Yeah good point, I guess he is on the Paolo Nutini/Fred Again level. Jesus I'm already bored of that Stick Season song, can't imagine how tired it will sound by the time of the festival.

I am! I'm setting up a gofund me for this summers gigs 😀 Thank god I didn't manage to get Glastonbury this year

It's true the headliners conversation is getting a bit old. Hopefully Friday is the day and we get to dig into the lower echelons of the poster a bit.

That's 2019. The sheer volume of good stuff in Tier 4 (Tier 4!!) is what's crucial for me. There are like 25 acts I saw/ would love to see in that tier alone. So, you know, a bit more of that **** would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jay2023

Hi All. I’ve been following the discussion from the beginning. Loving all the info from you all.
    Thank you.
    This year will be my first year. I had 2020 tickets but we all know what happened there.
    Looking forward to the line up announcement. 📣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Record Room in Limerick. Hot Chip are booked for another festival so they're probably out but still maybe not a solo EP Set.

And yep roll on Friday, where we can either (hopefully) celebrate it with a lot of great bookings or moan about the lineup like we have mostly the last few years.

Snarky Snark Snark

where are we getting Friday from?

it came to Musicrules in a dream and I for one am happy to go along with it in the absence of any actual info.

Snarky Snark Snark

so this can only end well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

Good morning campers!! Been catching up on the thread - who needs a hug? 🤣 deep breaths! I feel this is the week…!

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Getting this in preemptively. Such a well known figure pronunciation of his name memeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rockterrain

Noah can't be headliner. I'd imagine they learned from putting Dermot Kennedy on the main slot a couple of years back - crowd were practically put to sleep but at least he'd a couple more hits. Would be a similar calamity IMO. Guitars sounds promising though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭Fanirish

watch footage of Noah kahan at 3 arena. Crowd were screaming their lungs out

The Oracle of all fest knowledge has informed us that Khan is costing north of 750K. You'd imagine thats headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I haven't a notion who's going to be playing this, this year apart from Kneecap announcing on the Late Late Show and can't be bothered digging up other festival lists from around the same time, so bring it on.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I think you're using a different definition of "sub-headliner" to what I would have ever considered (and what I think is generally understood by the term). If you look at last year's poster, Paolo Nutini, Niall Horan, and The Script were not "subheadliners" in my opinion. They were just the second headliners to play each night. They weren't given status any lower than Billie Eilish, The Killers, or Fred Again. The subheadliners would have been Idles, Rick Astley, Coronas etc. If you want to say that Kahan will get the second line of the top section (assuming he's booked for the show at all), then sure, but only because I don't think this is really any indication of lower popularity. I agree he's not as big as Billie Eilish, or probably not The Killers, but The Killers have had 20 years since their first hit album to accumulate a following and to rack up sales/streams while Kahan only seems to have become a big act in 2023.

Tbh it kind of just sounds like a lot of the difference comes down to you respecting Fred Again more as a musician, which is fine, but I don't think that's how mainstream festival headliners get booked. Having a prolific songwriting or producing career for other artists and having a good reputation within the industry I would not expect contriubtes a whole lot to getting top-billing on a poster, which I would expect is primarily informed by which artist will generate the most excitement among the audience who are likely to go, and selling out multiple arena shows between Dublin and Belfast in the past year is a strong indication of an artist being able to bring that. It's not his first festival either, he's already played several in North American with more lined up for this year (almost always as a headliner). Just a few weeks earlier he's scheduled to headline Osheaga festival in Montreal which is even bigger than EP, and he's the first top Friday night act there (for reference the Saturday and Sunday nights have Green Day and SZA in the same spot). Considering the massive success of the tour he's on, I don't think Melvin could even get him to perform unless it was a top spot on the ticket.

Is there an example of another decent sized "music" festival in Europe that has yet to announce a single performer?

• Advertisement

Come on Scruff, Busher's back, @Reded is in the house, it's coming, I can feel it!

Advertisement