Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 15 - Monza

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ted Kravitz just said he’s Irish? I didn’t know that. 😳😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Enjoyable race, especially the battle between the Ferraris. Somebody mentioned earlier they if the positions were reversed then they might have called off the fight, which I tend to agree with. Sainz took his opportunity though, he's been super impressive all year in a poor car.

Even though he finished 2nd, this shows the gulf between Perez and Verstappen. The second that the red bull isn't all conquering then you would have to expect Perez to be put of that seat.

When's the earliest Max can win the title by?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

i think i read somewhere, the earlies t he can win the championship is suzuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Max can clinch it at suzuka but needs a Perez no score for that to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The reliability levels this year have been phenomenal. Best I can remember in recent years.

Not sure of that's a good thing or not but credit to the teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Maybe they should award points down as far as 12th. Would give Alfa,Haas,AT something to fight for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Another solid race like most have been this year. Not a classic like Zandvoort which saw the most overtakes in an F1 race in history, but you can’t have that every week.

Max serene once again despite the Ferrari having more one lap pace, he knew he could nurse his tyres and strike later in the sprint. Great job harassing Sainz into a mistake that allowed for an unorthodox move coming out of the first chicane, since the Red Bull just didn’t have the straight line speed for the standard overtake into turn one.

10 in a row is an utterly remarkable record, especially in such a competitive season where other teams are regularly as fast as Red Bull or very close to it at many circuits and conditions. Imagine if Max ever got a truly dominant car under him like the sorts we’ve seen for most of the last decade.

I was fortunate enough to follow the entirety of Michael Schumacher’s career from start to finish and I never thought we’d see his like again, but with each passing race you have to think more and more that Max is on that kind of level and it’s a privilege to watch.

Good racing through the field too, great effort from the Ferrari guys and it was nice to see the team didn’t majorly screw up for once. Maybe not the smartest choice to race each other so hard to the end but as a fan it was great to see.

Always nice when they get the DRS just right which I felt it was here. Overtaking should be difficult and almost every move was just that, good hard clean racing throughout the field almost without exception. With a more powerful DRS you wouldn’t see guys like Albon being rewarded for dragging cars up above where they should be because overtakes become a walk in the park, not to mention the racing between the Ferraris and Red Bulls, so it was nice to see a lot of hard racing like that.

They do need to look at the five second non-penalty though. Too easy to take a rival out with a reckless move when you’ve been struggling to make a clean overtake which we’ve seen a few times in recent races, or a bit of a new one this race of taking a shortcut during a vital pitstop undercut phase to avoid being held up, knowing the five seconds will be pretty meaningless by the end. If you do something that warrants a penalty, it really should cost you more than you gain.

Roll on the next one. Singapore couldn’t be more different to Monza, I suspect we’ll see Aston and McLaren back up at the front and it could be another pretty epic race like last year.

Sad to see Toto belittling Max winning 10 in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Longing

Absolutely Disgraceful and petty comment from Wolf. You can clearly see RB and Max are eating him up inside. The man has aged 20 years in the last two. Another night without sleep Toto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

What did he say?

Following on from Lewis saying midweek that all his teammates have been stronger than Max has had you can tell this period is killing the egos in Mercedes.

I don't suppose it is nice being knocked off a perch though in fairness.

Doesn't rate the achievement and it wouldn't be something he would see as important

Toto is too much of an accountant

• Registered Users Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe ye watching it now along with my sister in England :)

Even if I had it live I would had not been able to watch it live as I had more important things to be doing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

If you put Bottas, Russell or Nico into the second RedBull Verstappen would be doing the same thing he's doing to Checo. Max and the RB19 are a match made in heaven, the man is a generational talent and pretty untouchable when it comes to race pace. Hamilton would probably be up there with Verstappen if Merc didn't make an absolute balls of the 2022 car which is hard to swallow after dominating for so long. Toto and Horner are as bad as eachother tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Longing

Toto said; I don’t know if he cares about the records. It is not something that would be important for me, those numbers, it is for Wikipedia and nobody reads that anyway.”  All coming from a guy who keeps saying we will get Lewis his 8th WC. Who is counting numbers now Toto.

He also said: Our situation was a little bit different because we had two guys fighting against each other within the team.

So first off its already eating him up inside when you try to ease the pain with a comment like that. Second if Toto is referring to Bottas fighting with Hamilton he is away of the mark. Bottas was like a open barn door when Hamilton came from behind there was no racing Toto.

Also may I mind you Toto during Mercedes era of domination almost every team principal said they’re setting the benchmark and fair play to them we know the level we most meet to be with them on race day.

Classless from Mercedes boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Toto makes it so hard to like Mercedes. This should be their period of regaining fans and supporters, when they aren't dominating. But no, he just has to be a bit of a dose anyway.

People used not like Vettel when he was dominating but he was roundly loved leading up to his retirement and cheered on when he was in the Ferrari.

Toto and Mercedes should be trying something similar. As it is I'd rather Redbull win the next 40 races than see Mercedes win again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Yes, I admire Lewis for that. He drove well today in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well done Lewis for making sure that Traitor Piastri did not score any points. Great job. Even Lewis knows Piastri is a Traitor.

Great racing by the Ferrari's. Perez was animus but still somehow managed to get 2nd so that's good. Well done to Carlos. Delighted he got the podium.

Max what can I say. He is the GOAT or certainly on the way to it. Long may it continue.

F1 lose fans. That's no problem with me if it means Sky fu-cking off and F1 back on Free to Air TV.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Alpine had a weekend to forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Probably suits their campaign to be allowed an engine update being seen to go very badly on a power circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thefa

Just on your first paragraph, though that race was well above average for the season. It’s hard for any circuit without two bouts of rain to compete with Zandvoort last weekend and I don’t necessarily think less overtakes is less entertainment as they are very easy to rack up on certain tracks.

Vertsappen was made work for 15 laps to get by Sainz which was nice for a change with Perez on average taking a similar amount of laps to clear Russell, LeClerc and Sainz. Between those and some other action from Hamilton, Albon & more - it felt like there was some battle to follow throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭waynescales1

With a name like Kravitz, how could he not be?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

He asked it to buy booze a few years back, I must get it back from him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hahahaha well when he said it during his notebook I assumed he was half joking or else he has some faint connection.

He was talking to some chap and his kid who were from Dublin, for context where this came about. Hmmm, I wonder was that the same pair that Brundle talked too at at an earlier race this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I met him at Silverstone last year and had a chat. When he found out I was from Dublin he said he had an Irish passport. I can't remember the reason but there you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

@quokula

10 in a row is an utterly remarkable record, especially in such a competitive season where other teams are regularly as fast as Red Bull or very close to it at many circuits and conditions. Imagine if Max ever got a truly dominant car under him like the sorts we’ve seen for most of the last decade.

10 in a row is an amazing achievement, easier when Perez is in the second car and RB is Team Max and actively nobbling Checo.( and pretty much all of his previous team mates Gasly, Albon as well)

Also "Imagine if Max ever got a truly dominant car under him like the sorts we’ve seen for most of the last decade... " 😲 Eh I Imagine he has one now.. and none of the other teams are even close to RB on pace....regularly as fast???!!!! what F1 season are you watching????!!!

-----------------------

Leclerc drove a disgraceful race for Ferrari... sat behind Max and never even got near him (could have utilized a double tow from Sainz and Max)... didnt really fight Perez when he came by, just sat there conserving his tyres... until ..... a podium and the Italian GP was up for grabs... HE COMES ALIVE!!!! and nearly takes his team out over the last 2 laps. Vasseur >Ferrari Team boss should have been screaming at Charles to get his arse in gear and push Max over the first 20 laps and should have called Team Orders for last 4 laps to hold behind Carlos and insured Ferrari 3rd/4th.

Russel could have been grinning ear to ear on the Podium if Leclerc misjudged it by a few cm more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You seem to be under the impression that Sainz has a "Number 2" contract and LeClerc has a "Number 1" contract. Ferrari have denied this and Carlos is free to develop himself into a better driver then LeClerc if he wants.

• Advertisement

I still don't know how the two Ferraris didn't hit eachother. I love that Ferrari told Leclerc "no risk" then he goes wheel to wheel with Sainz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement