Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends male friend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭billyhead

Op. Just have a straight up honest chat with her. You can usually tell if someone is bullshitting you i.e. trying to deflect the concert, body language, not maintaining eye contact etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

maybe recently she knows I don't like him.

You've never met him. Your entire opinion of him exists entirely in your own paranoid head.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

OP make sure you get a chance to meet the guy, it will tell a lot how they act together with you there. Meet in a group or whatever but it will hopefully put your mind at ease. You already should have a bit in common and could well become decent mates.

If they were friends before you moved over and it's just continued as is then I wouldn't be too worried but you make it sound like it's him pushing her away and that is likely a confidence thing/lack of that you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Yes deffo meet him - you’ll likely get a vibe either way how she acts around him etc. it might totally put your mind at ease. Or it mind confirm things - either way you can’t continue just ruminating. That comment of her not being his type was not followed up with nor he mine so it is worth exploring. I doubt there is any cheating going on but if she is carrying a torch for him and would drop you if he clicked his fingers that’s just as bad. Hopefully that’s not the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Years ago I shared a house with a female friend. I had a girlfriend, she had a boyfriend. No problem ever, nothing ever happened, still friends now.

If you don’t trust her there is an issue, not otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Op u need a nice new female friend. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Honey50000

He didnt say this guy had a girlfriend big difference time for this guy to put his foot down

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Ann84

I’m going to EP with a male friend of 20 years instead of my husband because we have kids and can’t get a babysitter…. we’re not going to have an affair.

We are just friends - you either trust your girlfriend or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It all sounds pretty innocent to me tbh. Christ I used to go out with a girl who was still friends with a guy she went out with for 4 years and they used to still say "I love you" to each other at the end of emails etc.! Now that was f*cking weird, although it actually did seem to be platonic at that stage.

Current gf has good looking male friends who are far more rich and successful than I am but I would never even bat an eyelid at this because it's pretty obvious she has zero interest in them and never did.

I have attractive female friends that I've known for years and the idea of doing anything sexual with them turns my stomach!

You've nothing to gain from worrying about this guy, "babes" is fairly innocuous anyway.

Advertisement