Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends male friend

Options
  • 24-08-2023 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have been with my girlfriend for about 18 months now, we were doing long distance for about a year and then I moved to where shes from and we both live together now. I always knew she had a close male friend, even when we were dating she would tell me they were going to the cinema or watching a movie together in one of their houses.

About 4 months ago we were both looking at a video on her phone and a message from her friend came through saying "okay babes". I was a bit annoyed that he called her that specifically and asked her was there anything going on between them. She assured me that there wasn't that they have been friends for 4 years. She did admit that they kissed at the beginning of their friendship and that was it. She told me that they were only friends and "she wouldn't be his type anyway".

I still wasn't overly comfortable with the whole thing but just put it to the back of my mind. He usually invites her to play a hobby they both share every 2/3 weeks and again we were looking at something on her phone when a message came in saying "we should get a date in soon". I was annoyed again but before I could say anything she said he means a date in the calendar not a romantic date. It had been annoying me for a while so again I asked her if there was anything going on and is she happy with our relationship.

She once again told me that they were just friends. She said he has lots of female friends that he interacts with them in that way. She said she used to have pet names for him but once we were official she stopped calling him them to be respectful to me. I asked is it disrespectful to me that he has pet names for you and she said I cant control what other people do. She kept insisting that if this situation happened with a female friend I wouldn't question it. She also said now shes worried about showing me stuff on her phone because of what else I could see and start an argument over.

When we were dating she used to bring up about how much money he earns and how many women he has slept with at work that he shouldn't have. When they go out for their hobby she spends a lot of time getting ready for it. Most of the time when shes just casually going out with female friends she doesn't get ready at all. At the start of the relationship she was saying we should all go out for a drink or do something. I still have never met him or she never brings it up, maybe recently she knows I don't like him. I have met all her other friends that live nearby

I think I trust her but I'm not sure, maybe I feel that if he wanted her he could probably get her and I'm just a stopgap. It has been at the back of my mind for months and I hate it. Not sure if this is my problem and I need to work on it.

Comments

Advertisement