Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Defence from dog

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

To be honest, I've read many of your posts on how much you hate dogs before, so I know there is no possibility of any semblance of rational discussion with you on the subject, so I'll spare us both the effort and not even try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Kicking the dog was possibly a bit over the top, but only possibly, you'd have to be there to know. Ultimately it's the dog owners fault. Ridiculous that he took offence to the dog being kicked when it was his decision to let it off the lead.

Many dog owners have a total blind spot. It's really simple, do not have your dog in a public place while not on a lead. I have a dog myself btw. It is true that the requirement is to have 'effective control' but in practice for 99.99% of dogs that means having them on a lead. It might be annoying to you, but there it is.

Defending a dog owner who was 30 metres away from his animal as it ran towards a child who had fallen off a bike is stupid. You'd have to have seen it to know if the kick was disproportionate, but whether it was or not the owner is a disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement