Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe a good excuse to meet up for beers and go exploring other parts of the festival, there are more stages than just the three and some lovely chill out areas.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I'd be doing that anyway but it's nice to have options during the day. Plus, it's a bad look to have feck all happening on three stages for long periods. Creates a slightly depressing vibe imo.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have had a many a good bop at new Jackson but find the new stuff out recently dreadful

Mano le tough is unreal. Delighted with houseplants too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I see Hak Baker among the names today. He was great at EP a few years ago. Lovely fella, cool guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Oh, great! Discovered his album last summer - it is excellent! And yeah, he has an interesting life story & does good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Hi asking for a friend who won tickets to ATN… Extra Caravan and campervan ticket passes going in sale Thursday. How much should she expect to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Paid €99 - plus €7.55 "Ticketbastard" service charge - for Level 1 CV ticket back when they originally went on sale.

Not sure what Level / Tier they're on now and what impact it has on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭mgkelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭RINO87

What is the story with getting a high demand ticket on ticketmaster these days?? The last two times I went for campervan tickets it said there was availability....go to purchase get the "something went wrong screen" and keep getting stuck in that merry go round.

I think that was the app on my phone....am I better off just going via the website? The waiting room thing, what time does that open?

Jesus i feel so bloody old typing this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Some people get success using the app alright, make sure to clear the cookies are cleared and be logged into your account before they go on sale.

Literally sat there watching the countdown timer, clicked search for tickets, none available. Oh well ill find a van pass on toutless i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭crl84

I got one at 8:58 on the TM website. Not sure how long before that they were onsale, as I just went to the main ATN page, clicked find tickets on the campervan option, and it loaded the page to buy.

That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't go!

Probably a very small amount of them were available. Nice to see a bit of buzz about them anyway.

Any updated playlists with the new additions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Cheers folks, I'll leave a few pints for ye in Curraghmore

Edit….Also owe pints to whoever it was tipped Glass Beams a few months back. They sound like they will be epic live.

I'll take credit for that one 🤠. I remember recommending their EP from a couple of months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 CorkScot

Get where Dreamweapon is coming from. I'm a big fan of the early starts to music like they do at BTP (or Glastonbury…😍). Possibly something they should feature more in the drive for BTP ticket sales really and less focus on the early finishes. I've wandered about around at 1,2,3pm with my other half looking for music at ATN and it can be slim pickings at that hour whereas you could be on your 2nd or 3rd band at BTP (last year certainly). Get the feeling lots of folk are waiting around a bit too. Surely plenty decent young, upcoming Irish talent could fill these early slots that otherwise don't get a run out at the festivals. I'd be happily in a tent at 1pm with an IPA in hand anyway!

As for Sing Along Social…I'm an introvert and a bad singer, so even the thought of it, main stage or otherwise, fills me with a dark, creeping sense of dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CorkScot

Quality shout out that one. Was listening to them last night. Great booking for ATN. On the must-see list.

For sure. I've been purposely avoiding their live stuff on YouTube....don't even know if they have any, just haven't searched, as it sounds like their live set up could be really interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Doc07

any tips for someone bringing 2 boys (8&10) and an 9 month old baby …and no need to tell me I’m mad, know that already.

Have weekend camping tickets and considering splashing out on one of the cheaper of the pre-pitch/glamping options

It’s a last hurrah before the missus goes back to work and I’m also excited at the idea of bringing my boys to the Prodigy nearly 30 years after I first saw them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

They do. More Khruangbin than Goat i.e. slick & smooth rather than distorted and raucous. Which is what you'd expect in fairness, going by the studio material.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭fillup

Have u family or general camping ticks?

If its family then ur kids will have more fun than in glamping so save ur money

If its general I'd advise swapping for family

Brought my kids to festivals for over 15 yrs and don't regret a bit of it - enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Doc07

thanks , yes it’s family camping tickets we have

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KawaKris

• Registered Users Posts: 11 unacb

Was wondering about this - can you get pre-pitched in the family campsite? We are coming home on hols this summer and adding in the festival so don't want to be dragging tents around with us. It seems all the pre-pitch tents go to a certain camping area but surely they offer them in the family camping too?!

Thanks for the info re glamping v family camping area- did not want to fork out a load of money and then realise my kid would have been way happier in the family area with a crappy pop up tent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'm reasonably sure there's no pre-pitched tents in family camping (I've been to ATN twice with my kids, stayed in family camping both times and definitely recommend it but it means bringing your own gear in). I would deffo do family camping if it all possible.

Kids area within the festival grounds is pretty good - they usually organise a football game if your kids are into that, there's been graffiti to try out both times and there's various fun games for kids to play. And bubbles - everyone loves bubbles! And the bubble people come to the family campsite occasionally as well.

Other hits with our two boys last year (12 and 8 at the time) were Greencrafts (especially the blacksmith) and the bumper cars. Much to my disappointment, neither of them too interested in the music as of yet but they did really enjoy the weekend wandering the grounds and getting fairly spoiled at the various food stands!

They enjoyed Iggy Pop from a distance and loved their night-time trip on the big wheel as well.

Something like this likely needed for the baby, and maybe for the older ones if they're sensitive to noise. https://www.sensationalkids.ie/product/ear-defenders/ .

Hopefully you have as much fun at the festival as we did - even if we're REALLY looking forward to an adults-only run at it this year!

Feel free to PM me if you want more tips on kids/babies at festivals - we've done more Body and Souls as a family than I'd care to count - both kids were at Body and Soul before their first birthdays!!! Madness indeed but lots of moments we'll always remember :)

Advertisement