Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I think this is an interesting commercial decision by ATN. There are definitely people who will choose not to attend as punters and I suspect there are some artists who may also choose not to attend. Given previous comments, it is hard to imagine the likes of Denise Chaila or Pillow Queens sharing a bill. Maybe they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭crl84

No particular care for Murphy's music (it's grand I suppose) and no opinion/not enough knowledge on what she said or the ins and outs of the debate. But if some of the moany d1ckheads that are complaining about it, do in fact boycott the festival, I'm all for it. The self-righteous w@nkers need to get over themselves and grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Never seen an artist get as much goodwill and good faith as Murphy giving her standing in the community pre-comments, it was only when it became clear that she was absolutely unwilling to engage with the trans community that people gave up on her. Of course people with no actual skin in the game are quick to laud her as some kind of innocent martyr instead of listening to genuine experiences from actual trans people.

Personally I'm disgusted that some of my ticket money is going to her and I'll be looking to sell, and if that makes me a "self righteous w@nker" so be it. My trans friends get far worse abuse every day and I'll show any small solidarity I can

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dunph

Murphy's comments on puberty blockers were ignorant, and she did *kind of* roll back on them and apologise for "hurt caused", but her decision to just nope out of the issue from there leaves a bad taste. She did not clarify her stance on trans rights. I dont think its comparable to the 2022 speakers, one of whom is the founder of a transphobic lobby group that supports conversion therapy and spreads lies about trans health issues, but I dont think its unreasonable or hysterical for queer people to be disappointed and questioning of her presence until and unless she does clarify her views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dunph

And to be clear I'm not saying a discussion of puberty blockers is *automatically* ignorant, but Murphy's phrasing and language absolutely was, and the framing of trans youth as "mixed up kids" being manipulated by big pharma is a transphobic trope, whether or not she was fully aware of this is not clear.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

People are free to decide to go see her or not. Thankfully we live in a society of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I enjoyed Roisin the last few times she played, but has she risen in popularity since considering she headlined Body & Soul festival, a 5,000 capacity festival in 2022. ATN is a much bigger capacity, is she considered a headliner for ATN or a sub headliner.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭hold my beer

She absolutely packed out the Trinity gig last year. I was at her and Kraftwerk and Murphy's gig was full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

😴 .........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

I can well see her being the Saturday main stage headline. Should be a good party!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

headliner for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

Don't know much about the Roisin Murphy situation but hope it doesn't stop Ping Pong Disco from returning next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Theres ACDC gone from Portlaw ........ 😣

Who wudda thunk it .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Always been a big fan of the Nationals material but generally not a band that I'd be very excited for a festival. Anything past 9 O'clock and I want to either dance or jump around, not stand and observe in melancholy. But I'll definitely go and see them still, their debut and Alligator are all time favourite albums of mine. Haven't listened to any of their very recent stuff, wasn't into anything from the 2010's as found it all had that overly-processed production that plagues a lot of contemporary rock and indie for me.

BTP and ATN very uninspired bookings in my opinion recent years. Recycling the same acts year over year, rarely anything that interesting, mostly acts that play in Ireland all the time. There's some pretty decent Irish bands coming up at the moment. I'm hoping the likes of Sprints, Search Results, Melts, Chalk, New Dad show up. @Fanirish any insight as to electronic music? Thought 2022 was much better/diverse for DJs; likes of Sherelle, Anz, Ki/Ki, Joy O, Or:la etc... Last year was a lot of house, almost seemed like a change in direction. Locals DJs like Ema and Dylan Fogarty ended up stealing the show for me.

Regardless of the lineup, ATN is such a buzz that's its unmissable for me. There's always enough going on to find something cool, last year don't think I ended up at the main stage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Chalk are brilliant live, they really should grab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Excited now for the next announcement! I’m really happy with what’s there so far

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭TenPicnics

On a different note, just got an email that Pink Moon will now be at ATN, which is good news, I think, if it's to the standard they have at EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Things are shaping up pretty well for them so far. Hopefully will hear something from them soon. Pino moon a nice addition alright, wonder where they'll go, somewhere nearish to the main stage one would guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

First year at ATN and tempted to go Pink Moon....but the money ugggh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Reckon they could be added, POD did have them at forbidden fruit one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I saw this announcement and thought the same but didn't dare say it! Would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah god they would be amazing. I put both themselves and Future Islands down on the feedback form last year, would've been happy enough with one. I've said it before but I think the War on Drugs in Curraghmore would have potential to be my dream gig.

Don't think it will happen this year but have a feeling they will play eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Shank Williams

Dates don’t seem to line up that well in that there doing England early June and then off to mainlandEurope /Scandinavia in mid july

plus they played hear last 2 years on trot

would seem to be ideal size and fit right now for ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Wouldn't be surprised to see Orbital on lineup, doing a load if festivals this summer, the Vicar Street gig in May is sold out, they haven't played ATN since 2019, and there really needs to be a big electronic act on the main stage late night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

Wouldn't be surprised either but would be a little bit disappointed. They're great and all but they're close to Chic levels of saturation at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

who'd people be hoping to see fill the big electronic act slot? seems like its been samey over the past few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭antfin

Advertisement