Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LEXUS under performance in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭User1998

The infotainment in my 2007 Lexus RX was great. Large touch screen very responsive. It even had a calendar to schedule events😂

Then the generation after they fitted a smaller screen further away from the driver and it doesn’t seem to be touch sensitive. Definitely went downhill on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭GSBellew

In my opinion the IS200 and the type of drivers it attracts has given Lexus a bit of a "boy racer" (hate that term) reputation but I am not sure what other way to describe it.

Other brands have these elements too, but the brands were already well established so it is not an over riding factor in peoples minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Best selling Audi’s, BMW’s and Merc’s here over last 15 years all came with a 2.0 Diesel engines and Lexus couldn’t compete.

The Germans have realised EV’s are the future and Lexus are still pushing hybrids

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭goochy

this could be the cause !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Their interiors on the current range relatively are pretty poor and feel a bit tinny, I wouldn't rate them as been a very prestigious brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

i would have said Lexus have done a good job in distinguishing lexus from its poor relation Toyota , however why have irish buyers not taken to the brand ?

I'd suggest that wasn't a good idea, Toyota have a firm following here (right or wrong), why spend more on the 'inferior' more expensive brand? Would have been the mindset for my parents anyway.

i dont get your point , the person buying a corolla isnt the same person buying a BMW 5 series

True but not, the person who used to buy the Corollas etc are the people buying the 5 series/ CLs what have you, that's how the country's finances have changed , speaking for my own parents - loyal Toyota owners all they way through the late eighties, early nineties until the T became a Star, after all it's that age group that make the bulk of Lexus ownership as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

6 years ago I wanted a Toyota hybrid from the UK, looked at Prius, imo at the time, too expensive, ok go down a size the auris, also expensive, then I spotted a cheap one in auto trader, turns out the seller put a ct 200h in with the auris section, I bought one, very happy with it.

I thought about it many times since,

My conclusions are, every one thinks lexus are expensive, and so repairs must be also, so less interest in them, even if you want to spend that kind of money on one, the more bigger brands would seem a better bet.

Lack of advertising, I never heard of them, or never paid any attention to them.

It was one of the nicest cars I owned, bought a prius later, it was awful compared to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Juran

My friend bought a lexus RX hybrid this year, middle of the range spec, paid €69k. We bought a Kodiaq diesel, middle of the range style spec, with a few extras, paid €57k. Our Koqiaq is 7 seat, huge boot, etc. The RX is small in comparision. Yes, the RX is lovely, sexy, etc. But I think the majority of Irish adults think of size and practicality (especially those with kids) plus value for money, over cool and sexy.

you paid €57k for a skoda . FFS

Are you a time traveller that just arrived from the 80s, or just on a shaky bar stool?

its alot for a skoda , they as expensive as VW now

You're incorrectly basing your judgment purely on the badge rather than the actual cars. It's what makes Toyota, right or wrongly the last decade or so, what they are.

It's more than the VW Allspace Tiguan but depends on the extras etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Juran

The Kodiaqs when launched in 2017 were starting at €34k, marketed as inexpensive, which they were. They have increased signifcantly since, high demand added to that. We bought our 1st that year for close to €40k due to extras. This is our 3rd Kodiaq. I know €57k is a lot, but equivalent 7- seater SUV style are more expensive. Kia Sorrento starts at €62k now, VW Tiguan all space would be €62k for same spec car as our Kodiaq, VW Toureg start at €108k for diesel (made in Slovinia) and Audi Q7 diesel starts at €106k. We feel €57k compared to the alternatives is good value.

My friend in the states bought a Toyota Highline, 7 seater, all the extras for $45k. We pay way too much for cars in Europe.

kia sorrento would seem good value , Tiguan all space for €62k is nuts

Comparing car prices in US not fair comparsion , you pay feck all taxes in US and get nothing in return

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

no but a Camry buyer could well be a Lexus buyer....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement