Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singers who can't really sing anymore

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Deregos.

It's sad to see one of your old heroes is still giging, when they should really be hanging up the guitar strap.

Better watch out for the bum notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Always thought he was a dick for thinking he could do better solo, and he didn't.

Jaysus that rendtion of Always The Sun is feckin' chronic, you'd be embarrassed to hear it in a parish hall. 😫

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,782 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoying the Bon Jovi documentary on Disney+

Saw him in 2019 and the older stuff sounds a bit different nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Art Garfunkel. Struggling here with April Come She Will.

A far cry from the lovely voice on Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,810 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Paul Weller always had an incredibly strong and passionate delivery that ranged from folk to jazz, to rock and punk to blues and everything in between, really adaptable probably about 10 years since I’ve personally seen him live but he has lots of recent-ish pro filmed live stuff on YouTube…. He is in his mid 60’s and his voice is pretty much a shadow of how it was a decade ago.

Now he has backing singers on stage which I’m presuming is to fill out / cover his own vocals. Been a life long drinker and heavy smoker and it’s telling. Voice has lost that rich depth, punchy strength and soulful bark…. Kinda thin now and again asthmatic sounding at times….

I can look back having seen him several times at his peak late 1990’s to about 2015 or 2016 and he was on a good run, sounded great on record but especially live…..nobody left his gigs underwhelmed.

Might see him again for old times / curiosity sake but I’ll be doing so knowing the best might be behind him….

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I think he could be for forgiven considering his age now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Bit harsh, hardly a 'far cry', still lovely to listen to. No doubt he doesn't sound as good as he used to but considering age etc, I'd still be happy to listen to him.

Like I'm comparing it to seeing Paul Young at FY22, he was appallingly bad. Not only was the voice totally shot but he was drunk (pretty certain) and he looked like he just didn't give a crap, walked off stage without a word to the audience, song wasn't even finished playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So her voice has lasted perfectly, just like it was in the old days then.

Advertisement