Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Season 2023/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They are determined to try sell the clobber the players wear, so each player has his own shirt. A bit garish, but nothing really bad on display yet.

Better than those cheap looking shiny things from a few years back. With the Rasson table and super tv friendly format, this is an event for the wider casual audience, similar to the shoot out.

There is a place for all this, so long as the main events keep their classy, formal looks.

Good black by Jimmy to take frame one. Both players making a cold start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I assumed Anda would just get the w/o tommorow. But Ding will step in to give him a match instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

T-shirts are awful, this isn't pool.

Hawkins looks like he's about to head off in a peloton.

Exactly what my missus said. "They look like sweaty cyclists".

• Advertisement

Willo's one isn't too bad, with the Welsh red. Luca's one earlier was an eyesore alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

If the tournament was in China I'm sure there would be no problem with his mental health

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Zip up polo shirts shouldn’t exist. They definitely shouldn’t be worn in snooker. Horrible yokes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

No TV coverage today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I know the Champion of Champions is on ITV but what are Primier Sports at with their coverage? Dipping in and out of play, show some matches, miss some matches.

• Advertisement

Trump is a demon at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Yeah, unless he's peaked too soon or experiences burnout he's gonna be a serious problem for any player this year. I think he's playing at, or close to his prime at the minute.

Mark my words. Won’t win a “triple crown”

I hate the term “triple crown” and I’m usually wrong.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Sorry to see Higgins exit last night. He threw away two frames with a couple of howlers.

But Jesus Christ Almighty, what's with the absolutely hideous jerseys? Cheap nasty shirts with naff nicknames make players look like yobs. They really detract from the enjoyment of the match. It's snooker, not focking darts. Imagine anyone buying merch like that.

Didn't see Trump getting a good bit of a whipping today. Good return to form for Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm not the biggest fan of Allen but what he has done in recent years with sorting out his weigh and his game is sio impressive. And yeah wasn't expecting that scoreline today either. Very well done.

Trump looked tired. I guess 4 full weeks and 4 finals in a month wil do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

he needs to do it in a ranking event now. At the start of the season he looked nailed on to become world no. 1 this season but his lousy form coupled with Trumps excellent form is making it look less likely.

But Allen is defending UK champion, and ran Selby close in the semi final in Sheffield last April. Can't get too much better than that. With so many tournaments, and a pack of strong players in the top 16, few players can be expecting to win all year round.

Although Trump gets close to this at times.

A good win for Ken Doherty 6-3 versus Duane Jones in the UK qualifying. He plays Chris Wakelin next, I believe there are three rounds to win. I like what they have done with the UK's making it a top 16 versus 16 qualifiers event. Disappointing for Aaron Hill to loose his first round and he's be having a decent start to the season.

• Advertisement

There's actually 4 qualifying rounds to get through, but Ken had a bye in Round 1. He's now into the final round of qualifiers, up against Yuan Sijun. Gonna be tough, he's a decent young player, already been to a few QFs.

Very disappointing for Aaron to lose his first match to a journeyman in his 40s, he'll be sickened.

Fergal gone too, lost his first match.

The WST "protecting the interests of all players" by sanctioning their biggest financial asset into leaving the sport to play Chinese 8 ball.

If O'Sullivan was a bit younger he could probably form his own breakaway Chinese Snooker Tour and really cause the WST problems.

Doherty is 4-2 down in his final qualifying match

5-2. Had a great chance there and blew it.

Aaaaaand its over, 6-3

Post edited by The Nal on

No idea who is going to win this week in York. Could be any of a dozen players. Trump is favourite at 4/1. Have a feeling Selby or Robertson could wake from their slumber though.

After Ding’s win yesterday I wouldn’t bet against him.

Some great matches so far. Luca v Yuan is a bit of mad one, Luca is either shite or banging in a century.

they/them/theirs

An electrical fire delays play in York. Getting going now at 8pm.

Murphy really struggling.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

No surprise seeing as he is trying to get used to 3 cues....

Advertisement