Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition for demanding job

Options
  • 26-07-2023 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I will have a 6 month period in my work where I will have to work on a laptop for 70+ hours a week and be quiet focused for the duration.

I'm going to have to consider the diet, exercise and nutrition side of things as the work won't stop coming for this period.

What advice could you give me on the nutrition side of things?

I'm not vegetarian, allergic to anything and don't really have any special dietary requirements or preferences.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Xander10

Eat a normal balanced healthy diet, no different to any other day.

Get up from your desk every hour for at least 5 mins.

Take a walk after dinner and get some fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mullinr2

What's your job? 70 hours a week for 6 months, holy christ. Better pay well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Never mind nutrition, 70 hours a week on a screen would have me paying a pre-emptive visit to Specsavers!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭essdee

That's a lot of time at work. I would try and maintain a regular sleep routine getting at least seven hours per night. Not worth compromising on that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,354 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

What advice could you give me on the nutrition side of things?

a healthy diet of job interviews or a paycheque in the six figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

whats the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Finance related job & associated study. All laptop based mentally demanding work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I think the exercise routine is probably key here. The longer you sit, the less motivated you are to want to move. With more exercise, the shaper your mind will be to take in new information. GL with your studies.

Advertisement