Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Have you ever run out of battery?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

One easy way to determine how much range you really need is to take the distance to the nearest hospital and add around 30% for weather or traffic. Rushing to the hospital is probably one thing you don't want to stop and charge for.

That's one thing I will not be doing for a while lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Indeed. More about the range on my machine than anything else. Now if I could just find a way to safely connect two 75 volt 45 amp hour lithium ion batteries together it would double the range but would need to have it so they are both at the same per cent and voltage and stay that way otherwise one will back feed into the other and possibly destroy it. Not a good scenario.

Also one has been used more than the other which is practically brand new so one will eventually lose all charge before the other one. What happens then?

I thought maybe if I could have resistors on them to only let the current out of them and not flow back in that might stop it but it has to flow back to the batteries via the positive side I 🤔 maybe only let so much current through. Also would love some sort of regulator on it between the batteries if that is even possible or maybe I just watch too much Star Trek TNG lol and loved how Geordie was always upgrading the Enterprise.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Did you manage to get it insured and road legal in the end? Who insured it for you?

Advertisement