Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange New Worlds S2-E6- ''Lost In Translation'' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was wondering about Pike's new badge.

Is this indicating his new rank as Fleet Captain?

Yes it is.

If so, why was Spock surprised when Una congratulated him? He'd been on the bridge for a while with Pike wearing it.

No idea. Bad writing I suppose. Spock should have noticed that alright or even known about it surely.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Not the best episode. In fairness, Uhura actor is very good imho. One thing that threw me out of the moment was that Pike agreed almost instantly to destroy the deuterium collector based on the hunch of an ensign who had been declared medically unfit for duty. That seemed quite unrealistic. I think Picard would have taken a bit more persuading to destroy Star Fleet's latest and greatest piece of strategic infrastructure (at least one visit to the conference room 😉)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I know Kirk is supposed to be not a rule following guy, but not reporting a person hallucinating, then later giving her a phaser...

Terrible security in the medbay.

Why was the ships security officer only intermittently involved in this security issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Wasn't crazy about this episode, wouldn't be one I'd rush to rewatch. A few leaps of faith to get over what felt like poor choices in the script. Season has been strong up to this point so I'll happily forgive a few average episodes here and there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The crisis was resolved a little too quickly, based on nothing more than the earnest plea of an ending, but I liked the episode overall; felt like an excuse to just have Uhura and Kirk meet for the first time (and Spock too at that). And the structure was a classic Alien of the Week, where only crew member X can communicate or knows the truth.

Kirk is growing on me: he seems to be playing it more Pine than Shatner but that's smart TBH; it'd be foolish to try and copy Shatner's unique cadence and style. And it was nice to see Hemmer back, albeit as a cameo. I like Carol Kane but the prior chief engineer was a better character.

• Advertisement
Advertisement