Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If cycle lane bollards don't belong in Architectural Conservation Areas, why do cars?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭TokenJogger

It's the entire premise of the bollards from the op and you disagreed with it's relevance not understanding that they are different things

I said nothing of architecture you're now making shıt up because you have lost the point and are seeking to deflect but go on spend ages straw manning and gas lighting

I suggest you seek reference in a dictionary for the definitions are not my belief but the entire world's and it is your understanding either through deficiency or willful ignorance that is restricting any conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 26,202 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

TJ, none of this make any sense.

I literally don't know what you mean by "the entire premise of the bollards from the op". How can bollards have a premise?

How can you acccuse me of not understanding that permanent and temporary are different things when I have already said, in as many words, "of course permanent and temporary are different"?

You say you said nothing of architecture, but the whole thread is about architecture - it's right there in the thread title - and you entered the thread to answer the question "why is there such a blindspot for some people to cars in Architectural Conservation Areas but plastic bollards aimed at making streets safer are a no-no?" by saying "Because cars aren't permanent fixtures like bollards". Are you now saying that in fact permanence has nothing to do with it, that your reply to the OP was not in fact answer to the question raised but more of a meaningless burble that we should all politely ignore? Because it looks a lot that that's what you're saying now.

If you want to continue this conversation, stop with the sneering and start explaining what you mean in coherent sentences. Otherwise be quiet; the grownups are talking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Parking spaces are permanent features if that makes it easier for the discussion.

Advertisement