Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 11: Silverstone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice to see GP on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Haha. The champagne has just started before BCDC trophy was given to Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

Another decent result for Albon. Ferrari screwed Sainz again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Such a pity that the combo of Dutch & Austrian national anthems are so poor. If it was a French/Italian combo it'd be 2 proper bangers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Final warning. It will be bans from now on.

• Advertisement
    Overlord

The priority that Ferrari give to LeClerc when they aren't fighting for wins or championships is embarrassing. The qualifying swaps yesterday etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Drive to Survive has a habit of misrepresentation of paddock personalites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

That was a great race. Well done Lando, Piastri & Albon.

What happened to Sainz today?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Fantastic race. I really enjoyed that. Great defending from Lando. I would say George was disappointed as was Oscar. Sometimes the safety car works for you, sometimes it works against you.

Another master class from Max.

I expected more from Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Longing

When you think Mclaren were at the back of the grid at the season start. They have come a long way in a few months.

On another note was reading on a few sites that Lando was in talks with Red Bull for 2025. Interesting if true

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Don't you mean Black and White flags? 😋

I'll be honest folks only the last quarter of that race was good once KMag brought out the safety car. Without that I reckon it was a bit of a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I wonder if we'll see Lewis go back to McLaren for 1 final season before retiring. He clearly still has a soft spot for the team!

Overlord

You got your wish. Hopefully the first of many for Max at Silverstone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah I thought it was great and not just because it was another max points haul for Max. I’m genuinely delighted that Norris and Piastri finally seem to have a car their talents deserve. Going to be fascinating to see how they go in Hungry next, a much different track. Spa after that before the summer break.

McLaren also leap frogged Alpine which is extra sweet. Ryan Reynolds and co should’ve invested that 200m elsewhere. 😂

You would miss the Irish flags at Silverstone. The were so many in the Jordan and Eddie Irvine days.

Russell thinking how will I get to McLaren by the look of his face in that interview.

I spotted a few around the track during the race.

The ICCR were running in Mondello today, so that's where the rest of them were.

Alex Dunne is one to watch out for. Seems to be doing well in the lower formula, could be in F3 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This has been the busiest race thread so far this year. Well done to all involved.

Thanks for the Info. Don't know Alex but will check him out. I forgot all about Mondello today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ben Edwards was doing commentary at Silverstone all weekend including the race today for F1TV along with Jolyon Palmer and James Hitchcliffe.

I watched the race start video of today's race on the F1 website. The commentary teams between F1TV and Channel 4 were split up for the race weekend at Silverstone.

Bit of an interesting twist in the proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes because the race was live to all today the way all the races should be and not just exclusively on Sky F1.

Channel 4 should have at least tried to get half the races live next year like like they used to have.

As for the race itself well it was rather dull once it got started u till the safety car and it got better after that. So not a great race really. Below average Silverstone race really.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It's a few things, firstly, because this is Channel 4's one and only live race of the year they need all their team in house and under their control. Secondly, Ben is semi retired, took over Formula E under extraordinary circumstances, but The British GP is special so of course Ben is keen to lend his voice to it. He'd probably turn up as a punter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Agree with flazio re: Alex Dunne. Looks a great prospect, he won British F4 and was runner up in Italian F4 last season. Currently leading the GB3 Championship, they stream the races on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I must be getting old, hardly recognised any of the celebrities at the grand prix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Just watched it,

First 4, 5 laps interesting hmm. Oh wait here's max to make it boring again... Sigh.

safety car interesting again Hmmm. Props to McLaren for the upgrades they seemed to get it right let's hope they stay on it nice to see them back in that position. Safety car benefited some screwed others like it always does.

Merc are wishy washy but seem to have race pace. Aston have just dropped or merc, Ferrari and now mclaren have just out developed them.

Ferrari need to drop the favoritism to leclerc it's costing them, I think he is over hyped at this point.

Props to Lando give him the car and he will win races hopefully McLaren can deliver well deserved driver of the day.

Could you imagine the season we would be having if max verboringredbullstappen didn't exist in this championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭McFly85

Really enjoyed the race yesterday, mostly for McLaren unsurprisingly. It’s great to see a team get meaningful race upgrades. They were keeping pace pretty well with the red bulls for a while.

Brilliant race from both drivers too. Piastri would have likely had a podium if not for the bad safety car timings. Lando obviously did brilliantly at the start and defending against Lewis too, a battle they both really seemed to enjoy.

Max was just Max, really. Peerless at the minute. Zero mistakes and you always feel he has another level if needed. Championship is practically sewn up. Checo did okay in the end but was definitely helped by a safety car. You’d start to wonder about his position for next year, he’s absolutely underperforming in the strongest car by a mile.

And Albon absolutely deserves a mention! Doing brilliantly in the Williams, it was cracking watching him race the Ferraris. Really enjoying his racing at the minute.

Speaking of Ferrari, what a dreadful season. Flashes of pace in quali but nothing of note in the race once again, a firmly midfield car with 2 drivers who deserve better. Keep this up and Mercedes/RB could be looking that way for replacements in a couple of years.

So while nothing happens at the front, there’s plenty happening elsewhere. Looking forward to Hungary already, but that’s probably because i’ll be there in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Max was just Max, really. Peerless at the minute. Zero mistakes and you always feel he has another level if needed.

He did make a mistake do. He spun his wheels at the start so not a perfect start from him and that's why Lando got ahead of him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Only saw the YouTube highlights, what's with the commentary change and that awful US accented guy

Advertisement