Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime in Dublin and Boardsies in denial

• 01-07-2023 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Some time ago I posted a thread – link below - concerning issues around free legal aid and the spiralling crime problem in this country. The thread generated a robust debate about free legal aid and it’s place in the criminal justice system.

As the thread progressed, my comments about the law and order situation in this country were ridiculed and dismissed by a small number of posters. In the usual fashion of the wokerati they attempted to discredit my observations by trying to portray me as a right wing crank, anti-welfare, angry old man, Trumpalike etc.

One of my observations – that I am a frequent visitor to London and Paris and that open air drug dealing and anti – social behaviour is not tolerated in either of those cities - got special attention from one poster, who claimed that Paris is awash with toerags doing what toerags do, and that I must be blind not to have seen this.

Imagine my surprise, then, to see the below article, published yesterday in that well known hotbed of right wing, racist, anti-welfare and homophobic views, the Irish Times. In which the people who should know about these things - An Garda Siochana – express their concerns about violent crime in Dublin. And lo and behold! Doesn’t one of them even make a comparison with a certain well known European tourist destination.

I love the smell of vindication in the morning.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement