Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the cheapest place to buy Milwaukee power tools?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yep, M12 is the standard followed by a B and a number so M12 B4 would be 12V 4Amp batteries. It does seem daft to put the bigger batteries in tools designed to be small and light. I don't have any but a mechanic I know uses 12V and 18V Milwaukee tools. In the 12V he uses the smaller batteries in tight spaces and keeps the 18V for the more brutal work. To my mind thats the way the 12V Milwaukee tools are meant to be use.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I usually put the bigger batteries in if I am doing a lot of work. For example fixing a lot of screws. The drill/drivers sit nicely upright on the bigger batteries.

The 12 volt tools are surprisingly powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

The Milwaukee 12v fuel sds is supposedly the one to get for small fixings , 5.5mm mostly

Dunno is there anything else cheaper worth considering, wouldn't be using it much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you have a Milwaukee battery tool stored and not used very often I bet you can rely on the battery still being good for years (provided you don't put it away for ages with a flat battery). The quality of batteries on smaller stuff is where the price can be reduced so I wouldn't be so confident with a budget tool which you might not even be able to get batteries for in future.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

True ya

12v sds you want quality otherwise may as well use the 18v or corded

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

Powertool.ie shop in Glasnevin Industrial estate sell Milwaukee tools and Makita.

Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Is there any issues with getting just batteries sent from either USA or UK to AddressPal and forwarded on from there as opposed to trying to buy (a brand name) directly from Amazon who won't ship them here, as mentioned in this thread previously by someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 billybull999

Great idea actually! What's the story with warranty and customs?

Advertisement