Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport (2023)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

The penalties are a bitch. I've got to flush the Forza Horizon out of my system and stop smacking into cars 😄

Is it me or are the narrator voices AI generated?

The early cars are turds. You've got to play it for a while to unlock the better performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Completely unengaging and I've been playing Forza since the start. Similar story to Starfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kitsy13

I have it on steam pc, nvidia 3070 I think mine is, well able for the game but the window keeps going 3/4 size ..its annoying having to keep clicking on maximise..anyone else having this problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It was fine next time I tried, exact same settings. Couldn't tell you what went wrong there but basically turning it off and on again fixed it.

The feel of the car still isn't spot on though, when you begin to lose grip the force feedback just kind of dies and there's no resistance in the wheel at all. Hopefully Fanatec get some officially recommended settings up soon. I can't be arsed tinkering with it myself.

Initial impressions comparing it against Gran Turismo:

The AI is absolutely miles ahead. I got as far as the hot hatch series before realising you could adjust the AI difficulty, I put it up to 5 and was struggling to beat it immediately without any practice on a given track/car combo.

I love all of the classic Formula One cars. It's also fantastic you can just drive any car in the game you want immediately in freeplay, no needing to grind credits to buy cars just to be able to try them bullshit.

The zoomed in cockpit view where you can only see the dash but no wheel is my go to, on both the Forza games and dirt rally. Would love gran turismo to implement this. That said a radar is badly needed, way too many collisions because I've no idea what's either side of me.

The force feedback seems nowhere near as good. I'll reserve judgement til there are official settings to copy but I think Gran Turismo was just developed more with wheels in mind and is probably just better in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Played an hour or so.

The amount of handholding and mindbogglingly boring unskippable narration in the beginning is a pain, and the first couple of showcase races aren't particularly interesting. Chose the mustang as my first car proper and first impressions of the handling aren't great. Lacking in feel and so very understeery, particularly for a car of this nature. I like the idea of levelling up your car and spending more time in it to unlock upgrades, but after 3 races I was forced out of the mustang in order to compete in the next cup, so I'm not sure how this system works if the game opens up at all.

Next cup was the hot hatches or whatever they called it, I gravitate to the highest performance index car out of those eligible and of course it's a micro-transaction car that punts you into a shop full of more upsells, such awful grubby design. Eventually chose the Golf and the handling model at least felt more fitting for a car that isn't rear wheel drive. I only made it two races before getting stuck in an infinite loading loop trying to start Watkins Glen though so that's where I switched off.

Not a great first impression. I do like the penalty system, it's harsh but didn't feel unfair and I like being forced to drive properly. I like the idea of levelling up the car depending how it plays out over time. I like some of the ideas with defining key track sectors and measuring your performance through them, I feel like it's helping me get familiar with new tracks quickly. I think I like being forced to practice before every race though it seemed like an odd choice at first. But I feel like the general feel of the driving and the handling model is holding it all back.

And is it just me or are the graphics not that great when actually playing, especially compared to the trailers? Not that it's important but that seemed to be something they were pushing a lot in the trailers but it doesn't look anywhere as good as Horizon or GT7 when playing. I did find it funny that they pushed ray tracing as a big feature so heavily in the marketing and literally the first thing you see when opening the game is performance mode selection where the recommended choice (and the one I chose) is the non-ray tracing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

So another letdown from xbox ? When was last time triple A xbox game nailed it . Prob half infinite campaign but as for rest that game ... ya .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did motorsport always have no songs while driving? Finished the first two tournaments. It's not a patch on Gran Turismo 7 in terms of realism imo

Smart resume is fairly broken for his. Anytime I try it the game usually crashes pretty quickly and needs to be fully restarted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Yeah completely broken. I still haven't got past that Watkins Glen race that crashed first time out, since then I've practiced three times and it fails to resume and forgets that progress when I come back.

It's not even smart resume switching games, just "dumb resume" like turning off the xbox or watching a youtube video, the stuff that worked perfectly well on PS4 a decade ago is broken here.

Yep same for me. I've even had to redo a race, I must have shutdown before a save position.

Now I quit the game fully when finished. It's a problem in general with quick resume for most games but this is particularly bad. Poor coming from an Xbox game. Although they do usually get it fixed with a patch.

But I do love quick resume, when it works. It's such a huge differentiating factor between xbox and PC.

Update 1.0 is out. Solid list of fixes but disappointingly no mention of a fix to quick resume

https://x.com/forza_support/status/1714325518831796383?s=20

Was playing a little bit earlier, tried the entry enthusiast series with a Mercedes 190E. It's a manual car so I switched the assists to manual with clutch and tried driving with a manual box but I can't get the clutch to work at all? Every time you shift up it just revs out like you still have the clutch pedal down while you're trying to accelerate, even though you've long since released it. I had a quick google and apparently this is just what the game does? Pretty poor stuff to be honest, the game is 100% designed to be played on a controller from chase view which is a bit disappointing for anyone with a wheel setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They changed the way the clutch worked. Before you could press the clutch and gear change buttons at the same time but now you've to press clutch, change gear then release the clutch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

These are some I found on reddit for my Logitec G902 they made a big improvement

VS 25

FFS 100

SSA 100

MTS 90

PTS 130

RFS 200

LS 85

WDS 0

CSS 0

DDB 75

SS 36

SL 45