Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport (2023)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So how many of you will be playing this from day one? I will for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

May give it a lash. The Builders Cup sounds interesting. I'd like a good campaign, it's what GT7 lacks.

Some news. There will be post launch content following the games release in October. The Nurburgring Nordschleife layout won't be available until Spring 2024.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ideal: 4080

feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ah, just get a Series X. Simples..

😁

Footage from Gamescom:

The Builders Cup is interesting, and is something that GT7 is basically missing. That alone is interesting me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

In any gameplay videos I've seen this doesn't really look very good. I mean how it actually looks, the car models look fairly poor. I've heard the force feedback on the Forza games has always been poor too, this will be the first one I've played with a wheel so hopefully they've fixed that.

132.10 GB preload size.

Will any of you be buying the Premium Edition or the Premium Upgrade so you can play the game five days earlier?

I won't.

Anyone paying money to play any game a few days before release date needs their head checked.

Aye, it's a practice that needs to be stopped asap. Either the game is out, or it's not. Was this a thing before Gamepass started adding Day 1 games? Not talking about exclusivity releases a week/month before, just the same game but early if you paid more.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kitsy13

I bought it on steam last Thursday night, the premium edition, I think there is more dlc included with it and I'm looking forward to playing it..Although the guys who buy off Microsoft can preload since last weekend..Steam users can't preload yet !

84 on the Metascore.

I watched a couple of reviews there, getting the impression the driving will fall short of GT7. Sounds like it's developed to be played on gamepad primarily too. Not sure there'd be much point in owning both but since it's on gamepass I'm more than happy to give it a go for nothing.

Will definitely try on Gamepass before my sub ends at the end of the month to see what the Series X can do with this ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Played a couple of hours this evening, it's grand so far. Find the ai very annoying likewise with leveling up a car to modify it. Plays pretty well tho, I definitely wouldn't be paying for it especially as there doesn't seem to be any drift lobbies which is a major let down or even a open area to mess about with friends . Will dump a few more hours into this over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I think going to give up on this already mainly for the upgrade system which is absolutely awful. All the car upgrades are locked behind different levels so you've to grind nearly 3 hours for each individual car to unlock all the upgrades and the car level doesn't transfer if you buy another of the same car. You've to earn points to purchase the upgrades rather than using credits, it's an absolutely awful system and ruins the main attraction for Forza which is building a car. Track list is pretty bad too, it feels very much like a completely bare base game and they'll slowly introduce content along the way.

Career is very short and you can't even use any race cars in it because it's a "built not bought" style of races. Not being able to skip practice is infuriating having to do a 3 lap practice before every race which makes it pretty tedious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Not being able to skip practice is infuriating having to do a 3 lap practice before every race which makes it pretty tedious

Pause and move to the quit menu during practice, and there will be a "skip practice" option. By skipping though, the game won't be able to give you an estimated lap time or finish position for your "choose grid spot" thing.

I'm looking forward to giving this a go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Can't wait. I did well resisting the early access tax.

Took part in the first three races in the builders cup driving the Impreza. Finished fifth overall in the championship.

Going to get my wheel setup later today and see how I get on with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Game is ok, runs well on my rig but as someone who is more into simracing it wont keep me interested longterm.

Thats not a negative at all just its not like PC sims but itsnt trying to be, the physics and gameplay are perfect for its target audience.

Only real negative technicaly is im getting cracking sound all the time with both speakers and headset.

Looks great plays well for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭PixelPlayer

That's fair enough. You do need to take it for what it is and don't expect anything more. Most people by now know what a Forza game is and what to expect.

I'm going to play this on xbox. My back is killing me from working all day at a desk and then gaming all weekend at a desk.

Looking forward to sitting on a couch all weekend instead 😀

I played the intro on controller and then tried it with my Fanatec setup. There are no official recommended settings yet so just copied somebody else's on the Fanatec forum. Absolutely awful, borderline unplayable. Gonna need a lot of tweaking this one.

• Advertisement

I gave this a go. It's another one of those games where you could make a roast dinner in the time it takes for the game to give you the reins.

Advertisement