Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we dating the same guy Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

You’re sure getting worked up about it. Did it ever occur to you that women lie as much as men, and that these groups can bring out the worst in people? Or will this be offensive to state?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah, you’re “projecting” now, J. Leave off, would you?

All I said was that I surprised there’s not more of these groups and that only dirtbags and pricks would have anything to worry about.

Hardly an emotive, or controversial, viewpoint.

The tide is turning…

Projecting how? There is nothing stopping anyone from making false or exaggerated claims about others in a “protected” space. Or do you disagree with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I guess I just don’t have the same “issues”, or hang ups, with women. And I think these groups would, overall, be a good thing for women to use as a tool to ensure they’re not getting messed around by some dickhead.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dtothebtotheh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭nachouser

The thread was created by a deleted troll and re-opened by a two post account. Ffs. Does anyone ever bother to have a look before posting.

That wasn’t an answer to my question. I asked you to explain the “projection” comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

The whole point is people do make up stories and while you may never had it happen to you others have. Can you not understand that stalkers exist and can use such sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmyjazz641

Does anyone know the names of any of the moderators?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 BigbogmcG

You are a know all huh u got a big mouth

What an appauling condescending horrific remark. You are a nasty piece of work. There are very well educated professional women as well as not so much, in the groups.

It’s not true. Scorned women,make scurrilous accusations, when rejected or scorned. A young guy seems a classy, nice looking well educated guy has been posted and branded a rapist. When this was questioned. The anonymous poster got defensive and agressive and posted his full name, location media Handel and an album of his photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭highpitcheric

That there is no comparable male version (by size, intensity of intererst) is very telling of the sexual dynamics which some people tie themselves in a knot to deny.

(im aware of the token 'are we dating the same girl' but nobody seems to give a shyte about it).

Women date up, and often at a steep angle, as steep as possible. And many women still struggle to understand how they're victims of their own haughty standards. And won't listen to the truth that prince charming is always fcking around, because he can, because of women like YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

i'm waiting for the first suicide to happen from this so called group

a female friend of mine is on this group and she has sent me some of the posts and comments posted on it and tbh it's catastrophic to a person , alot of lies and people just chiming in with the 2 cents , do these women even think that the lies can have a lasting affect on a guys mental health ?? i'm sure there are absolute scrotes in both sexes etc but what i seen wasn't " making others aware of a narcissist or whatever " it was like a trex tearing into a mouse , shocking and there will be suicides from these groups wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Not a smaller percentage of men as per your last paragraph. One of the most enduring and extremely powerful myths in our society is that women are bitchier than men and thats simply not true and allows a significant number of men to express their horrendous poison and can get away with it because "ah shur men arent like that"...

both sides are known to be petty and small minded etc

fact is , these pages should NOT be allowed , purely toxic as the other side can't defend themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buckman99

Has anyone actually got access to the Dublin or Ireland group and is willing to help me out?

I have a very strong suspicion I've been posted about by a disgruntled ex and this is having a huge impact on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

You would have less of these problems if dating apps weren't a thing. Dating apps just exasperate women's hypergamy. So they end up competing for the same men where the vast majority of men are ignored. And also by the way plenty of settled / married men use dating apps for something on the side while masquerading as been single. It's a system that destroys the traditional nuclear family. Both women and men lose out ultimately.

Nonsense. People cheat when they want to and they will find opportunities either way. The apps might facilitate this somewhat but they are an easy way to get caught (especially when you are living in fish bowl like Ireland). Apps are not destroying the glorious nuclear family that is far too overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There are hundreds of new houses being built around the area I live in and hundreds more within 10k, the vast majority purchased by couples, the nuclear family or coupling up isn't going anywhere.

Dating apps are possibly making some more picky though.

Post edited by mariaalice on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I think the reality is that many more women are working in good careers than previous generations and so they don’t feel like they need to settle down in order to buy a house / be looked after / have a good life for themselves and their kids. I think there are a lot of unhappy marriages out there from people settling - many divorced men I’ve spoken to have admitted the only reason they got married was because their friends were doing it or pressure was put on them etc - they don’t take the time to select a compatible partner they just go with whoever they are dating at the time. Women are often the driving force behind marriage and if they can be choosy now instead of just a guy who can support them financially they will do so.

join the club

and i actually know the one who posted about me 100 %

and she is blatently lying to ruin a persons character

like i said before i'm waiting on a person to commit suicide because of the lies and not having a thick skin

• Registered Users Posts: 3 louisaa

As a female I randomly came across that page and I just don't feel right about it. its awful some of the stuff they say. Like for instance it's a red flag that one man is living with his elderly mother. Tbh I think worse of the women posting such things. And people make up lies etc etc. Hope It gets taken down.

Mainly because men are generally speaking physically stronger and statistically more likely to have a serious narcissistic component to their personality which poisons the experience of the other half in any dating scenario.

One of many studies. I can’t post others from medical sites here, but there are literally tons. Yes, there are indeed female narcs, goodness knows I have worked with a couple of them, my name cousin was married to one of them, but statistically women are more likely to be subject to the coercive control of a male. Males are statistically less likely than females to have self-control, and have serious addiction issues which interfere with how they behave towards partners.

Having said that, most men are fine, but the ones who aren’t fine are very likely to persistently inhabit the dating sites in search of prey.

I’ve got into trouble on social media before for defending the male population in general and “letting down” women, but most men are not the source of problems, but males are overall considerably more likely to be a danger to women, and indeed other men, which shouldn’t be forgotten either.

As I said the dating sites are inhabited by a significant cohort of men who are best avoided by anybody.

Own fault if people are too dumb to fall for crap and promises.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭highpitcheric

Ok that all seems true but I dont see how it relates to anything previous.

The top men are probably going to be narcissists, and thats where women aim. Which facilitates the aforementioned narcissism.

Basically mr right is oftentimes a trap. Some women struggle to see the mechanism. And they wonder what happened.

Are we dating the same guy? Pretty easy to answer.

Is he a complete Chad? If he is. Yes you are.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Appreciate that but definitely feel like I've lost brain cells after reading that, manosphere wtf.

Advertisement