Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Ops: Lioness - Paramount + (***Spoilers***) Taylor Sheridan & Zoe Saldaña

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It feels a bit weird they are making the bad guy the biggest cause of all wars /terrorism in Middle East. And this is coming from Americans? The politics of the show feels a bit simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

7: Solid story development and setup. Wasn't expecting the..

love story and the connection and disruption but it felt like Sheridan built it up enough. Especially how Cruz gets stumped by intimacy. Not sure if the atrocity videos will be enough for her. Don't really have a feel for what she knew about the mark already.

Alright, anyway.. Leaving the safety of the USA for storyline. I'm ready! Let's see what Sheridan has got!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

EP :8

Deep and thoughtful ,, hard to watch ..

And probably the best show on TV at the moment ..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a really great series from start to finish.

I kind of hope it's a one and done to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a great episode. Loved it.

Can't wait to see what they do next season maybe the repercussions from what just went down.

Oh I disagree. I want to see more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Really good finale and excellent show all around. I didn't like Nicole Kidman in this though. She was a bit pointless and when she'd try to be tough she looked ridiculous. Not least as her expression can't really change any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Enjoyed the political aspects of the show but by God the efficiency of the spec ops team made every set pieces really boring. I never thought any of the good guys would get hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

kinda ended abruptly...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If there is going to be a second season I'd like it to be based on that Mexican border episode and give it the Sircro feel to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

seriously in the age of facial recognition you don't rid the internet of photos of your spy...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So, that was season one! Solid! I'd watch a season two!

8: Solid finale!

Was shocked by the throat cutting but it felt like it made sense. The gunfight was something! That order at the end to clean the scene!

The cast felt huge in this show. Must have cost paramount a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All the vetting that she must have had to be allowed into the circle, and then the groom finds her photo just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭amacca

Yep...the auld duck lip/goldfish pout is distracting af in an otherwise good show.....she used to be such an attractive woman but that's hideous....why would you risk an outcome like this, accept reality and age gracefully ffs, has to be better than looking like you boiled your lips and just finished sucking on a lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's just classic Taylor Sheridan writing.

All his shows have the same problems, but to his credit he knows how to write a well paced, highly entertaining yarn.

That's what this was - sloppily written at times, but great characters, great action, and just super compelling. That's really his thing - solid moment-to-moment writing but the narrative often falls down because he's too eager to get from point A to B, but honestly it works more often than it doesn't.

Not unlike Yellowstone, a show equally brilliant in the best ways and flawed in the worst. Yet undeniably incredibly watchable.

Overall though I really loved Lioness. Very pleasantly surprised that it stands alone as a one-and-done fairly well if there isn't a second season forthcoming.

Had never heard of Laysla De Oliveira but she was amazing. Cast were good in general but I'd actually agree I didn't love Nicole Kidman and she added little but a name to the cast.

I'm surprised she's only 56. She looks like someone much older than that, trying to look much younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement