Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Ops: Lioness - Paramount + (***Spoilers***) Taylor Sheridan & Zoe Saldaña

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Strong cast.

I enjoyed those opening two episodes.

I will ask what the hell has Nicole Kidman done to herself she is unrecognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Watched this over Sunday and Monday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Something a bit different to your usual black ops series.

I can't get over how different Jill Wagner looks from her Wipeout and Teen Wolf days, took until the close up on the second episode to realise that she was the one in the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I thought the first episode was better than the second one as it was bit dark but overall it is very good. Nice setup and all. Strange seeing Zoe Saldana in a series.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The secondary storyline this week felt like it was straight from sicario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoying this so far, it's holding my attention. I've always been a big fan of Zoe Saldana and she looks good. Nicole though, whatever work she's done to her face it looks shocking. Frozen in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Watched 3 episodes so far, and have certainly enjoyed them. 👌

Ms

The third episode was excellent. Next one should be good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

It’s been a huge it for Paramount+ it broke Yellowstones records of the most watched premiere episode.

Another excellent episode this week.

I also like how they deal with rapists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭moby2101

I was thinking the same!

Great TV

Ms

Yes it was and me too. The right way. Crushed his balls I'd say. Good. He won't ever rape any Women ever again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭markw7

This comment shows not only an extremely short-sighted, infantile and naive view of the world, but also a moronic misunderstanding of human anatomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I was leaning towards them hacking them off. But agree, great way to deal with rapists.

Ms

It's only a show. You delete your comment and I will delete mine.

Also I understand basic human Anotomy perfectly thank you. I know that a male could still do it without the other two parts. Yes I know it's the blood that makes it hard however it would be harder.

Yes maybe I should not have said that but there is some out there that should be treated like that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Beating the crap out of him and crushing his balls then taking his DNA and his ID and telling him they would kill him in the future if he mentioned it to anyone, I'd be pretty sure he won't be raping anyone again.

A good mix of action and drama this week.

Usually the family dymamics in a show with action are very soap opreaish however I really think it adds to it so far here.

Ms

Yes another very good episode although I though tge shootout in the house could have been done better. Impossible to know who was who.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

5 Banging episodes in,, and so far so good.

Gives you a good idea on how these Special Ops work,, must have someone in the know advising..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

To be honest when I saw an ad for this on a billboard I didn't have high hopes for it but I'm very glad to be wrong, really enjoying it so far

Just caught up with the five episodes of the show so far. Feels solid Taylor Sheridan. Yeah a little bit in his Sicario world but I'm skewed from Yellowstone and 1883 to be thinking his comfort zone is more in the cowboy world so this all feels fresh to me.

The show feels like a heap of money has been poured into it. Feels really well made.

Up to this episode, it feels very bingeable and this episode is one where binge watchers can take a brake. Each other one felt like I needed to see the next.

I'm guessing the next few episodes will be where Sheridan will be testing himself by

moving the locations out to the middle east. I can't say I know any experience he has for over there.

Maybe he has researched or consulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Although I'm enjoying the show I just find the scenes with the family life unnecessary and breaking up momentum. Also I don't think its helped by Saldana playing quite an emotionless character.

Ms

I don't find that at all. It shows the characters are human too and also have their own life's to go back too. Also I think Zoe Saldana is doing an excellent job and she needs to be like that in the job she is in.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

They really have been doing a great job at making Aaliyah a sympathetic character and that ending this week.

Those boys really did pick the wrong the house 😂

I get doing that if you have a 20 episode season. Seal team did that alot. But this is such a short season , the pregnancy/abortion quandary just felt tacked on , like the writer wanted to tackle a controversial social issue at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I actually thought last week that there was an attraction between the two girls, but I wrote it off as my dirty mind! I must say Nicole Kidman is really not good in her role. Maybe it's that she now has only one facial expression.

Ha yeah u thought that too but didn't think they would go there. Created a real conundrum.

• Advertisement

6: Good episode and feels like solid Taylor Sheridan but... hmmmm.. will

they leave the U.S. I wonder. Maybe Sheridan won't venture out. Feels like he's gotta though.

I thought the Jurisdiction vs Result parts in this one were done well

Advertisement