Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on here fully licensed w/thermal scope?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No. not for me anyway. I never put the serial number in my applications. Just tick the box for S and fill it in the notes section.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TheEngineer1

I inherited a rifle and silecner recently and when applying for it there was a new section in FCA1 asking about attachments, namely silencers or NV/Thermal and a box for a serial number for said attachment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yep. I’ve never filled them in. I have 2 firearms including one pistol, both with S approved using the new form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Only problem with this is that you need a separate restricted licence for your NV.

True,but whats stops you from applying for one?Doesnt mean you have to have one straight away and collect from the dealers like your gun. Nor does it mean you have to go and lock it up in a safe and upgrade your alarms etc as if it was a restricted gun.It's more correctly an authorisation issued by the CS.

Then, assuming that you are refused for NV( as has happened in my area on every application that has been made so far in my District),

Ohhhh!!!!… BLANKET BAN by your CS of "restricted firearms" in his district!… Get a few of your fellow refused together and hightail it to the most litigious solicitor you can find,and instruct him to contact FUNI. We have a very good legal counsel who would enjoy sinking his fangs into this.

you then have to declare that you were refused a licence when you subsequently apply for any other licences.

SO??? I have been "refused licenses" over a half dozen times since 2008 and had the same revoked as well…NOT for any wrongdoing on my part or law-breaking.But because of AGS/DOJ smart ideas that backfired on them nationally in the period 2008/16 in district and high courts. I'm quite proud of this fact and enjoy filling in that point on all my license applications.AGS will know damn well if you are some local criminal or other ner do well who was refused or revoked for blaggarding,or whether your refusal was because of the Supers/Chiefs policy[or orders from on high] not to issue!" That is the last thing I would be concerned about in this situation.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jim3592

Hi. I had to hand in my thermal scope today because I applied for the licence while I was renewing my gun license. Got a phone call from Garda to say it had to be handed in because it is now unlicensed. I already had a comment on my previous license to grant the use of a NV/ thermal scope which I got three years ago. Not great timing as most farmers in my area are just started lambing and there is a huge issue with Foxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well done!!!You must be the first person in the history of mankind who had to surrender an optical device that is liscensed as a "firearm" on the entire planet! Now the next thing is to get it back to you where it will be of more use. Seeing that you had permission for it like many hundereds of others here for X number of years.3 in your case,I' d simply re apply and point out you had one for 3 years eith no issues,why would you be refused a liscense now Cheif Super?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement