Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempting to reduce magazine capacity allowances

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Straight to the chief's office, as my FO is on leave. Dealt with his very competent secretary and explained the situation.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

People should be mindful that the FO has ABSOLUTLY NO input in the granting/refusal of an application nor on any conditions attached. His/her only job is to make sure the application is filled out correctly and said details are input on PULSE system. In case of problems, asking a (usually) Garda to question the authority or decision of a senior officer (either 2 or 3 promoted grades) above him, is in itself questionable. Straight to the Super's or Chief Super's office (and if necessary, the District Court)and use the Firearm's Act as it is written.

The reason they keep getting away with making up their own rules, as they go along, is that they have brow beaten everyone into submission, in the don't rock the boat scenario. The longer you let them get away with it the more they will do it.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The only reason I went to the FO first is from experience in dealing with AGS. Any queries if it doesn't go thru their protocol and command structure is rejected.IOW everything must come from the bottom up,and if it isn't correct,it is kicked back to the local station to be corrected or queried. So IOW I needed my local lad to contact the CS office and "prime" them for a call from me to explain the situation, even while he was on vacation.[Sound man to do so]. Ringing the chief out of the blue would have the query kicked back to him to deal with when he came back.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement