Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 PS5

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitely the main advantages of the wing suit are crossing the river between the main island (which before would be tediously swinging along the side of a bridge, but now the wind tunnels help you fly across so easily), and also when jumping from a really tall building or trying to swing in some of the new areas with lower buildings where you wouldn't have anything above you to swing from, you can still get great forward movement until you do.

Like you say it really works well in tandem with the swinging rather than being something so great that it replaces the swinging or makes it redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Like others I finished it last night, an amazing game that was pretty much a marvel movie made into a game! As for Spiderman 3 I agree with prev post regarding location..wouldn't be against a Miguel O'Hara or spiderpunk take

I'm looking forward to seeing what DLC becomes available down the line...going to assume it's going to be 2 if not 3 like Spiderman 1 with villains being...

Carnage, chameleon don't think they hinted at anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Popped the platinum on it tonight, I wish I'd looked at the trophy list beforehand but I very very rarely bother going for the platinum trophy in games. Some of the ones I had left were quite tricky to get when the story was finished

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Regarding your spoiler.

Green Goblin, Wraith has to come to a head, wouldn't put it past Prowler to relapse and Kingpin might break out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know it's a trick repeated from the previous two games, but the way the game handles time of day and world state changes - based on story progression - is really smart. Ensures the world feels both mechanically and aesthetically dynamic in a way you wouldn't get with a typical day/night cycle. Although it is odd when some missions - like Miles' school ones - don't actually follow those rules!

Surprised the story takes so long to kick into gear, given the game's length - the dashboard counter says I'm 7 hours in (lots of side stuff, granted) and 35% or so through the main story, but only now is the symbiote and Venom stuff kicking in despite it being so prominent in the advertising. But also appreciate the time spent on 'the mundane everyday challenges of being Spider-Man' side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'd imagine that...

Wraith ties in with the flame and carnage DLC

Green goblin will be the protagonist for Spiderman 3 going off the g-serum cut scene!

As for prowler he may appear as an ally for a dlc villain,I don't think he's going to relapse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished this earlier and it was a very pleasant little palette cleanser after a couple of very big, long games this year. It’s still 20ish hours long, but that’s what loads of side stuff, and it flies along for the most part (though the main story takes a bit of time to get going). What I like about these games compared to most contemporary open world games is now fast and breezy they are. Almost all the friction has been removed, so you can breeze through a bunch of side missions if you turn it on for 30 minutes. It’s fast, smooth and responsive in both technology and design, and even though there’s plenty of repetition in individual groups of tasks, it all is so swift it’s hard to get too frustrated or bored by it. It’s never exceptional, but it’s rarely as tedious or overstretched as many games of its ilk are.

I do think the main story maybe has too much going on it his time, losing the personal thread here and there amid increasingly apocalyptic stakes and a ‘trying to fit in too many villains / side characters’ syndrome (not dissimilar to Raimi’s Spider-Man 3 in more ways than one). There is a good emotional core there, it just gets a bit lost in all the stuff - and the writers definitely struggle more with finding stuff for Miles to do in the mid game. But that’s why I appreciated the FNSM missions - just pare everything back to give a chance to enjoy some street level stories with minor stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm having an awful time getting into this and i don't know why. I'm only at the but where fighting enemies on the boat, so very early on. I've skipped every cutscene so far which is not a good sign for me, i very rarely do that. I love Spiderman and Venom equally so this should be right up my street but I'm finding the combat boring and not engaging enough, just flashy button presses. The swinging around and graphics are amazing but the rest is really not grabbing me which sucks. Good news for me that it's a short game but it's one of those experiences where i wish i was playing something else instead. Think i might sell it on and come back to it down the line at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hodors Applecart

Not usually a trophy hunter but said I’d like to platinum this. Im at about 80% now.

But only earlier I remembered I skipped all the puzzles in the game.

Does that preclude a platinum?

• Advertisement

Depends what you mean by "puzzles". If you mean things like the Peter lab/tech missions, you can still do them and you will have to for the platinum as it's one of the main side missions. You have to complete each district to 100%, which means all the collectibles, side quests, photo-ops etc, everything that's on the list in the map menu for each district.

If you're already at 80% complete for the game, chances are you're close enough that you have the bulk of it done. The lab/tech missions aren't that great, but they don't take too long either. After that if you're not sure what else you need to complete for the platinum you'll have to check the trophy list. There are a few like getting from the SW district to the NE district only by swinging/gliding or some combat-related trophies that you'll need to do.

Cheers.

I did the SOAR trophy alright. was kinda fun. Frustrating for sure.

The "Puzzles" Im on about are the "molecular" ones. Just didnt have the patience for them.

Ah yeah, they're the Peter science ones. I didn't find them too bad. There aren't a lot of them anyway so you should get through them quick enough. They would have to be completed for the platinum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Just finished this, had way too many games to get through on my PS5 so didn’t start until recently but boy was it worth the wait. It’s like a masterclass in game design, from the traversal mechanics where they’ve brought in the new wingsuit and balanced it perfectly with the swinging, to the overhaul of the open world stuff which just never stops being enjoyable because every activity had a slightly different twist rather than just repeating the same action at each place. The only one that felt samey was the one where you follow a drone in the slipstream so I just didn’t do anymore of those after the first couple, the game has more than enough content otherwise.

The combat never really got old and the mission design was about as good as I can think of in any game, perfectly paced in its switching from feeling OP as you take out swathes of grunts to getting confronted with epic and challenging boss battles that are both spectacular to watch and mechanically interesting, from extremely tense MJ sections to the quiet relief of many of the sidequests, which had some really poignant moments even if they were pretty unsubtle.

I teared up a little at the mini Howard sidequest, I don’t know why as there wasn’t much to it but it was relatable and grounded in the way few game stories are, and came together with the music and Spiderman’s naivety. Also the Hailey mission deserves a shout out as one that was incredibly effective and touching, I can’t think of anything comparable in any other game.

I have no particular interest in Marvel outside of the odd game or movie so whatever was being hinted at post credits is mostly lost on me, but I’ll be there for whatever Insomniac put out because they’re really cementing their state as one of the most talented studios in the industry.

Turns out you don’t need to do them.

got the plat earlier. Only the 2nd game I’ve done this 🙂 (Days Gone the other).

Two skins being released which you have to pay for, but the money goes towards helping to fund an organisation which helps support underrepresented students in tech, and some of those students designed the suits.

After looking at the suits, I think funding should be pulled from this organisation and the whole place closed down. Good holy f*ck they're horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 version 1.002 will bring New Game+ to the game. We know many of you have been eager to replay the game on a harder difficulty, with all your suits and abilities carrying over. Or perhaps you want to just replay a favorite mission or two – you can do that, too! And there’s more to unlock – with Ultimate Levels, Golden Gadget styles, and more!

Speaking of styles: we’ve added suit styles for several of Peter’s symbiote story suits in the game, allowing you to further customize your look if you play and unlock them via New Game+ Ultimate Levels. And yes, you’ll be able to set which color your symbiote abilities are as well. But we couldn’t just stop at new styles – we know how much you all love when we add suits with no additional cost to the game. You’re in luck – we’ve brought Marvel’s Hellfire Gala suits to the game for both Peter and Miles. Peter sports the design created by Russell Dauterman, and Miles gets his iconic look from Bernard Chang’s gorgeous Hellfire Gala variant cover for Miles Morales: Spider-Man #8.

And you’ll want to show those looks off as much as possible with our updates to Photo Mode – including action figure mode and stickers. You’ll also be able to change the time of day once you complete the story, allowing you to get all those cool Photo Mode shots with just the right lighting. Make sure you share them with us on social by using the #InsomGamesCommunity hashtag!

Advertisement