Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burris Scope Warranty?

Options
  • 23-05-2023 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Burris has a "Forever Warranty" but has anyone here had experience actually getting a scope warranted i have a fullfield with broken illumination and an XTR with some specs on the Reticle plane

I tried to contact them directly and the agent made absolute balls of it and tried to get me to send it direct to US when apparently it should go through UK?

whos the Burris dealer in Ireland?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup and it was a cluster****.

Had a Fullfield II and the elevation turret screwed straight out of the scope one day (after i bought a brand new)

Was first told by the f**kwit in the shop where I bought it that "this is normal".

I politely explained its not and contacted Burris which was a job in itself. I was told it can be replaced under their immediate exchange scheme.

Went to the dealer where I bought it a few days later to be told that's not possible, so i can have another scope as replacement but they need to get one in as they don't have one in stock..

Some Weeks later was they cannot get a Fullfield so was told I can have another scope. Next day was told that's not possible as they don't have a suitable model in the same price range or spec so was told i'd get a refund which took 2 months to get (that was the dealer acting the maggot).

The dealer was as useful as a chocolate fireguard during this whole process which resulted in me having to pay to have the scope shipped back to the main distributor in the UK myself (GMK if iirc) ringing Burris myself, and then waiting a total of 19 weeks to have it resolved.

Burris with their "We'll immediately exchange/refund you" warranty isn't worth a crap. At least not for me it wasn't.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Thanks Cass looks like I'll just have to put up with no illumination and and dust specs , hopefully the dust isn't a sign of gas loss....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My experience was a nightmare but the one factor that may remain is that the Burris warranty does not apply "directly" to us.

It involves UK or European agents to act as an intermediary unless things have changed since (and it has been almost 10 years) so no harm to check.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement