Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your favourite sauces or condiments?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭squonk

Was in earlier and picked it up. Good recommendation. It’s lovely. Looking forward to having it with a burger later.

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Must pick up that caramelised red onion sauce.

Some great recipes and suggestions here 👍

The Cali Cali Chipotle sauce is gorgeous on all meats especially steak and lamb chops.

My lads love the hot sauce and as we have two with diabetes it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I got a lovely relish in Dunnes earlier. Beetroot and pink onion.

There are sone lovely relishes/ chutneys in that specially selected range.

mIf anyone likes spicy crisps, their pickled onion crisis are fab too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭sporina

cracked black pepper and sweet chilli sauce.. garlic mayo.. but no 1 is the pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Korean chilli/red pepper flakes have become a very regular seasoning in my house.

We get through, homemade, fermented, sliced chillies much more than any chilli sauce, these days.

Pomegranate mollases gets used a lot in salad dressing and sauces.

For gravies, I'll always use my homemade Pontack sauce (aged, of course 😉) https://dawesindoors.wordpress.com/2015/10/04/probably-the-best-sauce-youve-never-heard-of/

Oh, and our homemade chopped salted lemon finds it's way into everything.

I use soy sauce a lot - mostly Kikoman's.

And fish sauce is often a sneaky ingredient in stews and gravies.

• Advertisement

I can confirm that the Eddie Rockets Secret Sauce tastes exactly like the one in the restaurant.

I just had some on a homemade burger and it was delicious. I will be buying another bottle (its €2.99 in Tesco).

Actually, since starting the thread I noticed Tesco have a whole range of Eddie Rockets sauces.

And as an extra tip, instead of using ground up crackers or breadcrumbs to bind my burgers, I used some chilli heatwave doritos.

I recommend, if you like a bit of spice!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Belazu rose harissa is lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Big hot sauce fan and this is a long time fave:

I'm also keen on the Crazy Bastard sauces too: https://crazybsauce.co.uk/

What i like about Encona and CB is that they are flavoursome as well as being hot.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Can anyone recommend a nice coleslaw that is actually creamy, not vinegary or "sharp" tasting? I must have tried them all at this stage.

My favourite coleslaw is Marks & Spencers traditional coleslaw, which is lovely and creamy, but I can't get to M&S every week.

Aldi specially selected "creamy" coleslaw used to be very good, but they've also gone down the vinegary taste path.

The best of a bad bunch at the moment is probably Dunnes Simply Better Luxury Coleslaw, but even that is a little tart for my taste.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,962 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Supervalu do one that is too creamy for my taste (I prefer the sharper ones!). Can't remember the exact name, if I see it I'll post a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

I tried a crazy bastard sauce and it blew the head off me. It was so hot I thought I was going to end up in hospital. It was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I finally found a creamy coleslaw I like other than M&S!

It was hiding in plain sight. I've tried Aldi's other "specially selected" creamy coleslaw, regular coleslaw and ruby coleslaw, and didn't like them, and this is the cheapest they sell, so I never bothered to try it assuming it would be the same, despite the name.

This week I went "what the hell, it only 85c, can't be worse than the others" but it is actually genuinely creamy and not tart. :) It also comes in a bigger 500g package for €1.19.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

homemade remoulade sauce with fishcakes.. Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jayah_77

I'm very interested in trying it out. It looks delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Is that the one ? That's all Google brings up except a branded red one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Marks and Spencers special burger sauce, closest sauce to Mac sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭waynescales1

It's between these two...

Delicious... lime, cumin, and a nice kick of chilli.

• Advertisement

I love it. So pickley and very hot! (If you want hotter, try the Pran brand. Same flavour, but many miles hotter. Too much for me!)

Advertisement