Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair 10kg carry on or check in cases

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

First time flying here. With regards to the free carry on bag

The bag i have measures bigger then there 40x20x25, but there wont be much in it and can squeeze smaller then there 40x20x25.

Will this get through or will i need to get another bag or check in the bag?

Stupid question but new to this flying stuff!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

If it can squeeze smaller you'll be grand. Just don't over pack it.

Just back from Bergarmo. Some people were really trying to push their luck with the size of their bags. Basically taking the p155. Ryanair staff were having non of it and I for one was glad.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Should be ok. The bag I use is slightly bigger than the dimensions but the bag is soft and pliable. I don't overpack the back either. The bag does not draw attention and never had any problems with it.

I saw someone on a flight back in July with one of those Deliveroo cube shaped delivery bags. They spent ages arguing with the gate agents about putting it in the hold. I had no idea how they thought they would get away with it as hand luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,851 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

was it taking the piss with being larger than ryanair dimensions, but could be fitted under the seat ?

or was it taking the piss and it would have to go above in the lockers and stop someone like me with a fuppin proper rolly bag that I pay for to go on board with which WILL NOT fit under the seat but will fit perfectly in the lockers as thats what its designed for ?

On flights out of German and Spanish airports, I have seen Ryanair being quite ok with bags in the non priority queue being somewhat marginally over the stated dimensions but also clearly something that could fit under the seat and not steal locker space from people who need and pay for it. I've also seen them being strict on rolly bag dimension bags being smuggled on board from tight arses in the standard boarding queue, but not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

It was a ruck sack full to the brim. Every pocket chocker with stuff. The woman was struggling to hold it onto her back.

Another woman had 2 full bags trying to go through the non priority. 'One for her boyfriend' she said. 'So where is your boyfriend? was the reply.

The patience of the staff must be sorely tested at times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement