Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7a

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I can't even take a photo now without the camera app shutting down, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Did you not sell yours rizee? I'll take it off you for a good price since it's not working properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Can anybody confirm if wifi calling or VOLTE work with this phone?

Yep, Wi-Fi calling works fine (with Vodafone anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Does anyone know how the esim feature works on this phone? Can I use it as I use a dual-sim phone, i.e. have two sims running at any one time and be able to receive a call / send an sms from either? I would have my main sim as an esim and then a second for travelling etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes - but the network must support it. At the moment only Vodafonesupport esim. You can select a default sim for texts and calls (they can be different). You can also set it to ask everytime.

I have used a local irish physical sim and overseas esim for years since the Pixel 3a.

Do a search on youtube - plenty of vids to explain setup & operation.

Amazon Prime day sale at the moment - Pixel 7a + 30W Google charger for £399 (~€466)

Google Store - Pixel 7a only €454

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

I've installed android 14 beta and am getting much improved battery life, cant see any other changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone else face this issue?

When trying to Hotspot a WiFi connection, your own WiFi connection is turned off.

This doesn't happen with the Pixel 7 Pro and doesn't seem to have been an issue for previous Pixel A variants.

Hopefully a software issue and not hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Yeah, just tried it and the WiFi logo immediately disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So is the 7a on 3 prepay for 399 currently the best deal available on PAYG? I'm assuming it's unlocked and the sim can be swapped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

experiencing constant bluetooth issues with Tesla ( model Y) PIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Anyone get this on three know if it is network locked or not?

Please please please anyone get this on three tell me if it is locked or not hoping to pick one up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I don't think google phones are ever locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

Hi @wingnut did you pick one up after and was it unlocked? Hoping to pick one up for my Dad today

Yes and Yes, picked one up Friday. Told them it was a gift for someone on three (because some times they try and convince you it is locked). I did have to buy sim card for €15 but still a good saving. Sold my pixel 6 to CEX for €200, much prefer the smaller size of the 7A. Had planned on buying an 8 but I think they are asking too much for it.

Used with gomo sim. No issues so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭McHonda

Great! Thanks for letting me know. Job for me tomorrow!

• Advertisement

25% off in the US for Black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

€150 off if you switch to vodafone on PAYG so down to €349 if you have a spare sim lying around you can just used that, just used an old lyca sim from 2019 and it worked fine, phone arrived last Friday.

Down to 299 on Three. That is the cheapest I have ever seen it, and wife's Christmas present sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I picked it up from Three for 300 and arrived last week. The battery is abysmal from the first day, from my perception anyway. I wonder is there tests I can do before I return it. That could be a balls trying to return to three. Also charges really slowly compared to my pixel 4a.

The 7a battery is 40% bigger than the 4a to begin with and it will charge to 50% in 30 mins on a high powered charger. Google charging profile also slows as it nearers 100% to preserve battery health, which is important given these phones will be receiving guaranteed firmware updates until May 2026 (and probably longer). Generally, there's a tradeoff between rapid charging vs battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

From reading online, it's just a display bug. The battery is never actually that bad. Like you could be 6 hours on 1%, or say the say. Fix was to turn off at 20% and/or update to android14. I did both and one of them fixed it cos battery is great now, what you'd expect from a new phone. 60% after a full day of use when I'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭larchielads

Can someone on 3 walk in and buy it for 299?

Anyone recommend a case and screen protector? Ideally a light coloured case as it is for the wife and I want our phones to look different

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

i ordered one of these as an xmas present and it arrived today and the box was damp and the phone felt cold (package got wet in transit) - it boots up fine but im wondering should i return it? i guess it will have warranty anyway if issues happen - im not sure id have it back in time for the xmas present window if i return now

Cheers,

Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Are the pixel's unlocked on 3 say like vodafone?

Advertisement