Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're moving!!!!!!!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Hi all,

The switchover has gone as planned. We are now on the European AMS (Amsterdam) server.

Downtime was less than an hour, I believe around 40 minutes. We are still waiting on a breakdown report on the switch from Vanilla but we are still here so that’s the main thing for now.

Thank you all for your input here over the last couple of days. This was a positive change for us here and we hope to keep moving forward with this positive momentum into the future. Keeping improvement at the forefront of our decision making here at Boards.ie

Happy posting and a Happy Thursday all!

-Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Well done.

So what version of MS Access are we using now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Will you take the notice down please.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

No shortage of traffic and discussion threads at the moment though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Loaded smooooooth for me today from California. Cheers.

• Advertisement

I am now eating my hat, it’s tough stuff 😂

No need to eat your hat. The tweed will get stuck in the teeth 😅

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭archfi

It appears to be flying now (on desktop)👍️

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

Can you move back? I'm finding the new server FAR slower.

When I click a thread in my bookmarks list the thread takes a long time to load. You can see the first new post in the thread but the tab still shows that the page is loading a minute or two later so any attempt at scrolling drags you back to the first new reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I wouldn't be surprised if we're still being routed through Canada somehow...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement