Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judas Priest Dublin 2024

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,322 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's been a while...

...well 44 years on Saturday to be precise

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Looking at tickets there, surprised standing are all gone, Halford still sounds brilliant so it should be a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of interest how come they don't seem to be as popular nowadays as there peers like Ozzy, Sabbath, Deep Purple, AC/DC and to an extent The Big 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

They've never attracted the "fair weather" fans who only know the hits cos they've never really had a massive iconic hit / tune (I know Breaking The Law, Another Thing Coming, Living After Midnight etc would be "known" but not like "Thunderstruck" or "Enter Sandman" that your average Nova listener would know) ..... and thank fcuk for that.

Saxon and Heep would definitely fit into the same category or a level below

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

New Priest album dropped this morning, some crackers on it. Really looking forward to the gig. Last metal show I was at was Slipknot in the January before Covid hit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Listening to it and it's what you'd expect and I love it.

Mad to see the lads over on Metal Warfare pretty much universally positive about it, those lads usually can't wait to pick holes in anything new by the classic acts.

Is Tipton opting out of touring ?

Tour kicking off tomorrow in Glasgow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really look forward to the gig Friday, couldn't give 2 **** about seeing Ozzy originally, all about priest for me. One of my low key favourites, such a consistently brilliant band. Another off the bucket list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Any idea of stage times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

3Arena are pretty good at posting stage times on their Facepuke page a day or so before the gig ... keep an eye

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,322 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Timings from Glasgow last night

Uriah Heep, 6:50 to 7:20

Saxon, 7:35 to 8:45 (1hr 10 min for a support does seem long, but they played 13 songs)

Judas Priest 9:20 to 11:05

With an 11pm curfew I guess they will be on a few minutes earlier on Friday

5 star review for last night's opener. Had a look at the setlist, nice blend of old and new though there are a couple of omissions I'm hoping against hope get a run out on Friday. Regardless, absolutely pumped for this one.

I'm hoping to experience some joy Friday night to make the inevitable humping we get on Sunday a little bit easier. 🤣

Doors 6pm

Uriah Heap 6.40pm

Saxon 7.45pm

Judas Priest 9.20pm

(Subject to change)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Absolutely can't wait for this and looking forward to the Saturday lie in just as much.

Set times from Glasgow earlier in the week look like Uriah Heep 6.50pm, Saxon 7.35pm and JP 9.20pm.

Hope Saxon blast out their new single that actually sounds like a "new single"!!

Have a blast everyone.

Saxon are some generic it's awesome

Roll on Friday, Gold Cup and start of Paddys weekend. Thank god this is a 3 band show as pubs will be mental

• Advertisement

Once again a beast of a setlist by priest tonight

Disappointing there's no Grinder, Crown of Horns is probably my favourite song on the new album, doesn't seem likely they'll play it either.

I'm surprised and disappointed The Serpent and the King hasn't gotten played considering it was the lead track on the EP. Best song on the new album for me. Would LOVE if they played Steeler, my favourite Priest song. Hopefully a few surprises anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

Mrs shuttleworth ...you will be happy saxon are playing theres something in roswell ! Hoping beyond the realms of death and screaming for vengeance come back in for dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Paul Quinn played on the encores last night. Doubt he'll make the trip to Dublin though. Looking forward to this, I'll be knackered after it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Rob looking forward to tomorrow night 😃 🤘

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looking forward to this, those setlists have me excited (Stand by for exciter 🥁)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bus arrives at dublin at 6, sprint over to arena, bus leaving for Cork at 12. Going to be wrecked but worth it. New album is excellent, panic attack will be a great opener.

Here we **** go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Looking forward to tonight. What are the security like in the 3 arena? Would i get in with a few cans of decent beer like or am i likely to get fully patted down?

Advertisement