Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Backlash 2023 *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With Reigns 😁

I'm kinda surprised The Bloodline won as was expecting Solo to turn in the SuperkickFest, maybe he will this Friday on SmackDown when Reigns returns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

That show was a blast! The absolute case for a crowd elevating what could be a filler show. I don't know what the consensus was but loved it even if it was a light show with no real surprises, PR might have an argument as the best crowd ever tbh.

The Iyo match was decent but man that was a star-making turn for her even though there was a few sloppy spots in there. Give a Iyo a chance to go please, have her split from Damage Control at least.

Easily Omos' best match so far, he actually seems quite likeable outside the ring and is getting a bit better but either way was better than expected. The kick during the intro music was gas. US title was forgettable enough. Zelina match was what it should be but thought both looked well out of it and seeing her get her flowers was a nice moment even still, crowd ate it up.

Bad Bunny man, he never fails to deliver. Should have been the main event although it probably wasn't for reasons but you'd be nearly deaf from all the pops. As people were saying this guy went from Coachella, to the Met Gala to this in like the last two weeks, he has not reason to be doing this but glad he does cause it was a great match, maybe my favourite celebrity match. Even though he nearly offed himself with the Sliced Bread at the end. The local legends pop was fun, fair play for WWE really catering to the crowd.

The Six man was probably the least interesting for me, it was ok. Cody/Lesnar was pretty good overall. Seeing Cody be a smart babyface is rarified air for WWE. Think Brock definitely wanted to bleed and launched himself into the turnbuckle to get it. Bit sudden and probably sent to crowd home a bit underwhelmed but still. Definitely not the end of the feud, Brock will cost Cody, round 2 in Saudi and then Summerslam maybe.

The WWE doing shows abroad really highlights how thoroughly sh*t American audiences are.

It certainly won't be another 20 years until they go back to Puerto Rico for a PPV - brilliant fans over the couple of days. They even managed to make that god awful press conference (I really hate when WWE & AEW do that bollocks) watchable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There's a market that they've left unloved for years which is finally being tapped into (first with Clash at the Castle and now with MITB and AEWs All In). Even a glorified house show card like Backlash comes off looking like a top tier show when you have a rabid audience loving absolutely everything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Honestly, I'm not against them putting the strap on Dom - something I would have never seen myself type this time last year (Mami and Dom as top champs is printing money)! I think a MITB win and cash in on Rollins would be a better way to go for that scenario to play out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think it was pointed out in the AEW thread that the attendance is getting smaller due to playing the same venues so close together so guess it's the same all over. Like I'm sure if they went to Puerto Rico more times a year the crowds wouldn't be as lively.

So not saying the American crowds aren't bad but I guess they just take it for granted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dom is a red hot heel magnet, I'm thinking it could be Finn vs. Rollins for the new Raw title with Dom and Priest going for the tag titles but I think if HHH is booking it could be Dom which wouldn't be bad as Finn has kinda gone down in the picking order in JD especially after losing to Edge

Rhea should be champ for a lengthy period

Bianca has become longest reigning Raw champion now

How come Indi had to give up her Nxt title but the Nxt tag titles or Raw or SD women's singles titles were not given up? I know Indi is injured

Did Priest and Rhodes pick up injuries last night?

Bianca and her hair is really annoying me, hope she loses soon

Well tbf, Indi is actually injured at the moment so she can't defend it!

Advertisement