Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Backlash 2023 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 30-04-2023 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭

From the Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on May 6th

PPV Card:-

• Street Fight: Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest
    • Seth Rollins vs. Omos
    • United States Championship: Austin Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed
    • Raw Women’s Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. IYO SKY
    • SmackDown Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Zelina Vega
    • The Bloodline vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn & Matt Riddle
    • Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I expect JD and LWO to get involved in the Bunny Priest match which should main event

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some hum of house show off this.

Sooner Bianca loses the title, the better. She's so bland.

6 man tag should be a good match though.

I think Solo might turn on his brothers tonight

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not tonight though, she's due to break some record if she holds it past Backlash. Reckon the cash-in from MITB will be on her this year though.

Am only one match goes on last so how a double main event 🤔

• Advertisement

Iyo is over in Puerto Rico, the crowd behind her over face champion Bianca

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cracking match that. The seeds sewn for an Iyo face turn too.

Rollins doing some job selling for Omos here.

Aye in fairness to him it was his best match by a long way. They'll actually start having to give him a few wins at some point for people to take him seriously though 😅

• Advertisement

Predictable result there with Rhea/Zelina. Match was grand. Crowd were super into it and have been great tbf. Love the "If Damian wins we riot" sign

Well that answers that for the main event! Brock being on the card meant it was never going to be anything else imo. And that's fine too, seeing as the crowd were chanting "we want Lesnar" last night. Assuming Cody goes over the crowd will likely go home happy anyways.

Bunny vs. Priest should close the show, main event, wrong call by HHH

AEW boys Buddy and Malachy must be proud of their ladies

Surely WWE can be more creative when presenting a 'Street Fight'.

This is savage😂 Carlito and Savio Vega

I only saw an interview with Carlito last week and was thinking he looked in fantastic nick.

Muchas Gracias Bunny, a better wrestler than some real full time wrestlers, he has a passion and love for it

Probably the only time you'll see a multiple Grammy award winner take a Broken Arrow through a stack of tables too. Crowd is absolutely electric, six man tag now should calm them down a bit before the main event.

WWE should do a yearly ppv from Puerto Rico

I wonder could we see Logan Paul vs. Bad Bunny down the line

• Advertisement

Jey and Solo being in the same triple threat on Smackdown for the new belt would be tasty.

Balor busted up inside Hell in a Cell and match stopped taking us out of it altogether.

Lesnar absolutely a crimson mask at Backlash and nothing 😂

It's the inconsistencies that annoy me irrationally!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Interesting

I don't think Cody's story with Brock is over, a bit of a damp squid PPV ending, was Brock bleeding planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They probably know if they send a medic near Lesnar he'll smash them up. 🤣

100% not over, Brock will cost Cody in whatever triple threat he ends up in on Raw and they'll have another match in Saudi Arabia to end the feud

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wouldn't be shocked if Brock wins the second match to tie it up, and that leads to a rubber match at Summerslam, or the likes.

The Bunny vs Priest match was incredible, made by a crowd and a celebrity who very clearly adores pro-wrestling and is willing to do anything to prove it.

Carlito was my jam back in the day, so I popped bigtime for that. Absolutely brilliant. Only vaguely aware of Vega (he was a little before my time in WWF), but the crowd reaction was brilliant too.

(Joking, not joking....Dom as the first WHC with the new belt? And have Rollins vs Judgement Day? Think of the heat! 😂)

Cody vs Brock was fine, but I've long since tired of Brock matches tbh. Super happy Cody won, but as Liz said, the story continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I seem to remember someone getting really pi$$ed at an attempt to fix them up before. Was a while back I think. Maybe was Taker.

Delighted for Zelina but her introduction did feel a bit "pause for laugh" that didn't get the reaction expected. I mean they were meant to cheer for her because she was representing Puerto Rico and not because she's done much. And now she'll probably go back to not wrestling again.

The Bad Bunny match was a good match and not just for a celebrity match. Logan and Bunny have both upped the ante for celebs who want to take part. The run ins weren't necessary to keep people interested but added entertainment, gave others something to do, gave Bunny and Priest a rest and gave us Carlito, which was, for lack of a better word, cool. He looked great and got a great reaction. I'd say he would've made an appearance on Raw if they were still in Puerto Rico.

Solo not exactly subtle with his disdain of Jey.

Iyo was far more over than Bianca, that's for sure. I think Bayley and Dakota's involvement helped improve the reaction for Bianca winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Only vaguely aware of Vega (he was a little before my time in WWF), but the crowd reaction was brilliant too.

I remember getting a wwc compilation tape back in the mid nineties when I was in 6th class and just before I discovered ECW, and there was savio vega, Razor Ramon's fat mate had 50000 people losing their absolute minds while he got beaten down, it was chaos, I've never forgotten that tape and it's been over 25 years, he was Puerto Rico's Hogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Iyo was lucky she didn't end up with a broken nose or worse from that one handed press.

Advertisement