Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wallbox Pulsar Plus - WiFi disconnection issues

Options
  • 27-04-2023 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hello,

I had a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed earlier this year and have had consistent WiFi issues since then. The charger will stay connected for 3-4 days and then disconnect randomly until the charger is manually restarted. Once connected again it will work for a few days and then disconnect.

Things I've tried so far:

* Restricted the device to 2.4GhZ WiFi only (in case it was having trouble switching between bands)

* Assigned a static IP address

* Restarted the charger multiple times

* Restarted WiFi router multiple times

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is hardwired Ethernet an option?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Can you pop in a booster or extender between your router and wallbox to see if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭trant

Range definitely isn't an issue, the charger is on the outside wall of the room where the router is located.

I have opened a ticket with Wallbox Support just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

I have had this issue. WiFi would stop working consistently after a few days.

I had to go to the settings to 'Restore' the Wallbox under the 'Installation Options' section.

This will restore the firmware to a previous version. From there I re-added the WiFi and then re-did the firmware update to the latest version. Has been all good ever since.

Interesting, I'll give this a go. Do you remember if it lost all of its charging settings etc. once restored?

I'm not sure, I can't remember, but it did fix my wifi issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

If you've load balancing configured in the wallbox a restore will likely see the configuration for this wiped/lost (it did for me when a different issue saw the support group recommend a restore), so I'd say to make a note of the settings around that at least.

I know we have a Wallbox N1 CT power meter installed in the fuse box, but if I understand you correctly load balancing is for running two chargers off the same circuit?

No, load balancing is also for installations where there's another high draw load (electric shower, heat pump, etc.) present, and both running at full power would exceed the max rated supply. If you've a CT clamp and no solar the odds are that you have it set up, so I'd check the config in the app before any restore.

Thank you, will do. I think Wallbox call this "Power Boost"?

Correct, select the charge point in app, click on the settings gear, upgrades and then power boost to find it.

• Advertisement

Thanks @cython and@D_D for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I've had the same issue and have tried this fix.

Hopefully it will keep WiFi access stable.

Btw in my case, once WiFi is gone I can't search on any hotspots it's like the charger app can't see them.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

Can i just ask does the Wallbox need to be connected to the WiFi all the time?

We got ours installed a couple of months ago and it worked fine on scheduled charging on the car's schedule (ioniq5). Over the last week or 2 though it's gotten completely unreliable and more often than not it doesn't work at all. We have tried using the Wallbox schedule but that doesn't work either. We usually turned our WiFi off at night but have tried leaving it on too but no joy.

The only change over the last while is that it was looking for a firmware update on the box a couple of weeks ago and we did that. It still worked for a few days after though, as far as I can remember, I'd definitely have noticed if it had stopped working straight after.

Any ideas? Our WiFi is mobile broadband so not 100% constant but I understood it only needed to be connected when changing schedules etc.

Also we're away at the moment, car at home and plugged in. Should we be able to set it to charge via the app remotely?

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gdurniak

I got the Pulsar Plus November 2022, and a headache ever since

Perhaps okay in a home garage, but ours is an Apartment Building driveway, outdoors, so not sustainable

With the current Firmware 5.16.26 or 5.16.37, WiFi not only disconnects, it sends a Deauth Packet to the Access Point ( check your AP Log ), then stops

The 2 year old factory default firmware 5.3.17 properly reconnects

I am waiting on "Engineering" in Barcelona, Spain

greg

The charger will stay connected for 3-4 days and then disconnect randomly until the charger is manually restarted

Just circling back on this. The restore did not resolve the WiFi disconnection issues for me, unfortunately. The charger can still be managed via Bluetooth but it's not ideal when away from home.

It seems I am not the only person experiencing ongoing issues with 5.16.26 and 5.16.37 (latest). @gdurniak do you happen to have a ticket number that I can reference with Wallbox support?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 toolerb

We also have the wallbox Pulsar Plus charger. And having issues.

We have found that the car is plugged in and the charging schedule set to off peak (overnight) in the Wallbox App. This week we have found the car not charged - even though I get the notification from the App that the car has finished charging. (has happened a few times in the past, but a few times this week)

We are going out of our minds trying to figure out if its the car or the Wallbox. (no issues charging car in other places)

If wifi disconnects, will that effect the charging? we are on 4G MBB which can be a little dodgy... Im glad I came upon this thread and not the only one.

WiFi disconnecting does not impact charging or schedules, in my experience.

If anyone has an existing ticket open with WallBox support please PM or post here so I can point them to it. They are "investigating" but also acting like it's an isolated incident, which it's clearly not.

Wallbox Support have advised that firmware version 5.17.34 has been released with "Improved connectivity".

I'm going to update this evening and see how it goes.

I see it's available alright but my WiFi / cloud connectivity has been totally stable without any disconnection issues since I tried @D_D fix on 29th April (on v5.16.37)

Best of luck with it and let us know how it goes, hopefully it will be stable 🤞

• Advertisement

No luck with 5.16.37 or 5.17.44. Wallbox support are blaming my WiFi connection but the router is less than 5m away.

@gdurniak would you happen to have your ticket number so I can share it with Wallbox support?

Small update to say that v5.17.44 has been a disaster for me.

Had upgraded to it for a day or so and the charger stopped charging. All indications on the app was that it was ready to charge etc.

In the end I did a restore back to the original level v5.12.15 which is working perfectly fine.

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

I think mine has just done the exact same thing 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I never bother with those updates. I saw one last year that was meant to turn the lights off when not in use but it did nothing after installing so I just don't bother anymore... The Software version I have charges the car so I see no need to update it

That does work actually for me. I find it quite handy and it ensures that the wallbox doesn't attract attention at night time.

Probably not a bad idea to not take any updates as they are way too flaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I just switch it off at the isolation switch, lights gone then and no need for updates... We call it a charger but it's effectively just a 32A supply, more similar to a socket and shouldn't really need much software to operate

Yep, looks like mine in now dead. Cannot connect to it by Bluetooth or wifi to restore it, and it won't charge the car. Brilliant.

If you power cycle the wallbox itself (isolator switch or circuit board), the access should come back.

Then I'd suggest a restore back to original s/w until they fix this pretty huge bug!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Do people turn this off with the switch on the wall when not in use? I'm only changing every 10 days and it's lit up all the time, just wondering should I be switching it off?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

You can turn it off, but there's also a "halo light" option in the settings that turn the lights off when the charger is not in use.

Advertisement