Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“AEW: All In- Sunday 27th Aug 23 Wembley Stadium London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Do people actually think they will put on a house show as some posters on here have posted?

They will more than likely have the biggest live attendance for a wrestling event ever in one of the the most iconic stadiums in the world with not just the eyes of the wrestling world on them but the sports world in general and they are going to put on a house show give me a break.

Every single one of the talent that works there will want to be on this show and put on the show of their lives not just for the crowd but for their own pride and place in history.

As of now since it is only weeks away and no matches have been announced I think I'd perfer to be completely surprised by the card and just have it each match announced just before they walk out.

Cool if they start announcing matches over the coming weeks however I doubt it will chance the live reactions one way or another even if they don't announce them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wrestling is simulated combat based on a dispute between heels and baby faces, AEW currently has several storylines that could end in matches at this, and I'd much prefer the storylines dictate the matches than the matches dictate the storylines.

Or we could do the lazy trope of match gets announced and then we have a month of can they coexist tag matches and **** contract signings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its been a little bit of a flaw in AEW recently, leaving the booking of PPV matches until a week or two before the show. AFAIK, the recent ROH PPV show had barely anything announced until a few days before the show itself.

I think at this stage, you can start formulating ideas of the card. I think they should be announcing stuff by now.

I also think that AEW has always put on bangers of PPV shows, regardless of how quick or slow they announce matches, and the show itself will be incredible. The matches will have build; they just don't do WWE's style of announcing a match and then spending weeks building up to it. And on the night of the show, the match quality will make everyone forget the slow build. I've never watched an AEW PPV that wasn't a banger.

Coulson is right, the show is a sell out and likely going to have one of the biggest attendances of a wrestling show in history. They don't NEED to announce matches, to sell tickets, cause it's going to be a monster show for them no matter what the card is. But I do also agree I'd like to see the matches being announced by now too. It's a flaw in Khan's booking, and there's a balance he's not hitting.

I wonder if some of the frustration is that we're so used to every big WWE card getting leaked to meltzer that actually having to watch to get answers, rather than knowing the endgame, has left us thinking we're being short-changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Guy has bought a ticket. He wants to know to some matches. Hardly warrants "What are you gonna do? Give the ticket back." bitchy remark.

I wonder if others find you being Tony's attack dog on here tiresome as I do.

• Advertisement

Nah, lads moaning is the tiresome part, buying tickets for a wrestling show and not understanding the basic concept of storylines or build up. If you want to know the card 8 weeks out with no rhyme or reason cage warriors runs the 3arena a couple of times a year. I'll go to a wrestling show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah, but it's not 8 weeks out though is it? I think it's perfectly ok to be expecting something by this point.

MITB didn't announce any matches (or finalize the participants) until 2/3 weeks out, 90% of the Wrestlemania card is announced after the February PLE, yes it's a massive show, but it's still gotta fit into the flow of weekly TV.

With the storylines AEW is currently running, which matches would you have announced this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The American Dragon & Jamie Hayter are two already out off the card due to injury who if they had named the card when tickets went on sale would have been on it.

Blood & Guts might have knocked a few more names off the card as well as that match in the past has caused some serious injuries,

The Elite were not on Dynamite this week after winning Blood & Guts were they been kept off TV becuse of injuries?

There is a couple of big matches tonight and one is a ladder match.

They could be waiting for these to before and checking the health of the wrestlers before starting the announcing of matches next week.

Rush just signed a new contract.

Punk came back June 17th

Andrade, Ricky Starks, Bullet Club gold and Willow nightingale have been rejuvinated by collision

Better than you bay bay is fantastic.

Jas maybe disbanding

Kota ibushi showing up

Jericho and callis

All in the last 4-6 weeks, the same crowd complaining nothings been announced would be complaining that they're ignoring storylines if the card was announced a month ago.

• Advertisement

I don't know why you keep going back to if the card was announced a month ago.

It isn't unreasonable to have some idea of where the main event would be by now. Particularly with another big show literally a week after.

There needs to be a proper distinction between all in and all out. You have an idea of the mania main event in January for men and for women, not three to four weeks before it.

I know it will be a great show regardless but there's no need to keep apologizing for shabby booking. AEW absolutely has its positive but it's far from perfect.

You have an idea of a mania match, the rumble winner doesn't main event half the time recently, even though you knew it was coming,

KO/Sami Vs Usos was only announced 2 weeks out.

I'll call out shabby booking where necessary (I just **** on blood and guts for being terrible) but booking a ppv in the same timeframe as every other ppv isn't shabby booking to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like Punk pretty much confirmed he'll be fighting at All In

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good stuff, collision was pretty good last night. The punk Starks segment was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Punk a boardsie, confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah all round great episode

Nice sneaky dig by Punk too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hmmm “Punk always makes his towns.” Collision on Saturday, All In on Sunday.

Was curious to see where Collision on the 26th was coming from but there’s no event info. They have dates for Collision before and after All In. Bit strange.

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll do a double taping on the 19th Aug

Are people here going over for the full weekend or just the 1 night ?

Over in London the week before for 2 days (had that trip planned before the 2 Wrestling events were announced) so it's the early flight over on the 27th and back 28th

I'm just doing the one night, flying Shannon to Stansted 8am sunday morning and back Monday afternoon. I don't really have much of a desire to see London again. The centre is alright with the shard and that kinda stuff but the rest of it all looks the same to me.

I'd be thinking so yeah, its a bit of a shame to have a taped event for a go home show but the logistics and travel needed would not work out at all. Maybe they can stop over here and do collision in Ireland on their way over. 🤣

I will be in London for less than 20 hours and if I could cut that down again I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm flying over the Saturday, going to see some football match, then All In Sunday an back Monday. I like London though.

Confirmed now, Collision filming after Rampage on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

1 day in London for me

Arriving in London on the 27th

Leaving Monday

Andrade challenges Malakai Black to a match at All In.

Thats Banger #1 set up, so.

• Advertisement

I've made no secret of my wishlist having LFI Vs house of black on it, this'll do nicely.

Advertisement